towing twin axle

Old January 19th 04, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rambler

Default towing twin axle

I have had a compass rambler 6 berth twin axle caravan , that I have towed
with my omega estate for some time without a problem. However just changed
car to a shogun and would appreciate thoughts on 2 points.

1. do I need extendable mirrors
2. am I right in assuming a stabiliser is not necessary with such a big
outfit

malc

--
Malcolm Hart

Old January 19th 04, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Raymond Hopkins

Of course you need ex-. mirrrors and stabilizer, just in case. for a start
the shogun is not wide enough to see behind you, even new models are
not, I should know I have had both, have seen plenty of 4x4 swaying
along the motorways at ridiculous speeds, loading is the important
part.
Ray