Hobby Delivery Times

Old January 19th 04, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Eddie

Default Hobby Delivery Times

I ordered a Hobby 495 from a German dealer in November and was told
delivery was to be in March. Last month it was changed to May, and
today it's going to be June or even July!! Has anyone else got or
heard of similar problems?
Old January 20th 04, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alun Jenkins

I had the same originally feb then moved to June , but it did arrive dead on
time in June !

Alun
om...

Old January 20th 04, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
andy

In message , Eddie
muttered:
Has anyone else got or
heard of similar problems?

Mine was about a month late, and when it did arrive it was at short
notice.

Which dealer did you use?
--
Andy
Old January 20th 04, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doc

"andy" responded to Eddie who'd muttered:
Has anyone else got or
heard of similar problems?

Mine was about a month late, and when it did arrive it was at short
notice.

Which dealer did you use?

----****----
Eddie, (hi Andy) extended delivery times for Hobbys are quite common, but it
does depend on the model you are after.

Andy & I ordered our Hobbys, together, in December 2001. Joeressen only had
the one 450UB allocated for delivery in March. As Andy says, he got it a
month later. For mine, Joeressen had to check with the factory to see if
any more were available; he got back to me, saying he could get one for
delivery in June. I took delivery in July.. In fact he ordered three from
the factory in December because he had had such a demand for them. They
would not let him have any more of that model.

Some ordered later in the year and were lucky to get their chosen model,
others had to change the model to get a 'van at all. This 'lottery' in
delivery/availability does depend on the model you've chosen and the 495 is
a very popular one [as was/is the 450].

However, once ordered, the dealer/factory were extremely accomodating in
adding numerous options, which I kept adding in up to ~6week before
delivery!

Cheers, Doc.

Old January 23rd 04, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Bradbury

I ordered my 2004 model Hobby 540 UFe from Joeressen's in September and
received a message saying it is ready two days ago.
It beat my timing and I will have to wait to next month for going to get
it.

In message , Doc
writes

[...]

Remove NOSPAM to reply