Reverand what his name....an other

Old January 20th 04, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Glynn

Default Reverand what his name....an other

They always say the bravest publish their name and address aswell, but i
doubt if 'Reverand whats his name' and 'splogyKlyiee' ever will, they are
not brave enough.
Whats the saying 'all mouth and no trousers' like the school bullies.

I DARE YOU TO PUBLISH YOUR ADDRESSES!

---

Old January 20th 04, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Stephen Glynn posted ...

They always say the bravest publish their name and address aswell,
but i doubt if 'Reverand whats his name' and 'splogyKlyiee' ever
will, they are not brave enough.
Whats the saying 'all mouth and no trousers' like the school bullies.

I DARE YOU TO PUBLISH YOUR ADDRESSES!

That's a bull**** troll post if I ever saw one. No-one in their right, or
wrong, minds posts their 'real' name or address on Usenet, and you're a
bull****ting troll if you do ..

--
Paul

Old January 20th 04, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Glynn

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Stephen Glynn posted ...

They always say the bravest publish their name and address aswell,
but i doubt if 'Reverand whats his name' and 'splogyKlyiee' ever
will, they are not brave enough.
Whats the saying 'all mouth and no trousers' like the school bullies.

I DARE YOU TO PUBLISH YOUR ADDRESSES!

That's a bull**** troll post if I ever saw one. No-one in their right, or
wrong, minds posts their 'real' name or address on Usenet, and you're a
bull****ting troll if you do ..

--
Paul

Well thats where your wrong, I suppose its the way you are bought up really,
anyway I'm 6'4" and I'm quite prepared to meet these people individually
face to face, we will see how brave they are then, but none of them will
because they are probably all computer nerds without a life.

Steve.

---

Old January 21st 04, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Stephen Glynn posted ...

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Stephen Glynn posted ...

They always say the bravest publish their name and address aswell,
but i doubt if 'Reverand whats his name' and 'splogyKlyiee' ever
will, they are not brave enough.
Whats the saying 'all mouth and no trousers' like the school
bullies.

I DARE YOU TO PUBLISH YOUR ADDRESSES!

That's a bull**** troll post if I ever saw one. No-one in their
right, or wrong, minds posts their 'real' name or address on Usenet,
and you're a bull****ting troll if you do ..

--
Paul

Well thats where your wrong, I suppose its the way you are bought up
really, anyway I'm 6'4" and I'm quite prepared to meet these people
individually face to face, we will see how brave they are then, but
none of them will because they are probably all computer nerds
without a life.

You silly man .. It's got nothing whatever to do with 'being brave' and
everything to do with family and personal security.

I guess someone's just got you angry, why not go sit over there ---
for a while and come back when you're a bit calmer or sober.

--
Paul

Old January 21st 04, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Preston

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:38:15 +0000, Paul - xxx warbled:

Stephen Glynn posted ...

They always say the bravest publish their name and address aswell,
but i doubt if 'Reverand whats his name' and 'splogyKlyiee' ever
will, they are not brave enough.
Whats the saying 'all mouth and no trousers' like the school bullies.

I DARE YOU TO PUBLISH YOUR ADDRESSES!

That's a bull**** troll post if I ever saw one. No-one in their right, or
wrong, minds posts their 'real' name or address on Usenet, and you're a
bull****ting troll if you do ..

mmm...
Actually I think that quite a few people do post with their real names
and/or email addresses. I also think that these people are to be admired
for having the courage to not hide behind a false ID; furthermore they are
precisely the people who are NOT "bull****ting trolls". Insulting people
from a false ID does not, necessarily, make one a coward - but it is a
good pointer.

'course I could be completely mistaken and Phil Kyle is his real name g

--
Steve

My sig is short - but the rest of me is OK
Old January 21st 04, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Stephen Glynn posted ...

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Stephen Glynn posted ...

[...]

Well, Paul, I'm not angry, nor drunk.

But I agree with Stephen and I didn't like your earlier post. You're sailing
close to the wind.

Mary

--
Paul

Old January 21st 04, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Mary Fisher posted ...

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Stephen Glynn posted ...

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Stephen Glynn posted ...

[...]

Oh I know it wasn't very nice ..

IMHO one of the big problems with Usenet, and why trolls thrive, is that
someone decides they don't like a troll and therefore 'offer them out' ..
That is _exactly_ what causes flame wars, it's what the trolls live for, and
it's exactly what's required to keep trolls coming back.

We've had a fistful of rather lame trolling and cross-posting here recently
and IMHO don't need anymore dickheads troll-baiting just 'cos they're
****ed.

I respect your opinion and your views, Mary, but I honestly saw SG's first
post as a definite attempt to engage yet again with a troll. A troll who's
been around, and will undoubtedly stay around, for far longer than SG
appears to have. SG's cries of bring it on just make him look foolish,
little more than a child, and is something the 'regulars' would do well to
put down ASAP before any _real_ trolling and newsgroup frustration starts.
I may not have been as diplomatic as I can be, but I hoped to get the point
across forcefully, quickly and in a way that reflected the taste of the
first post.

If I failed, or offended anyone, other than SG, then I apologise, but I
still stand by the intention of my post.
--
Paul

Old January 21st 04, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

I respect your opinion and your views, Mary, but I honestly saw SG's first
post as a definite attempt to engage yet again with a troll.

I don't think it was, it appeared to me to be the remarks of an innocient -
but I could be wrong. It has been known.

A troll who's
been around, and will undoubtedly stay around, for far longer than SG
appears to have. SG's cries of bring it on just make him look foolish,
little more than a child, and is something the 'regulars' would do well to
put down ASAP before any _real_ trolling and newsgroup frustration starts.

you have a real point there.

I may not have been as diplomatic as I can be, but I hoped to get the

point
across forcefully, quickly and in a way that reflected the taste of the
first post.

If I failed, or offended anyone, other than SG, then I apologise, but I
still stand by the intention of my post.

And I apologise for being hasty but I don't like to see regulars posting
badly, it brings them down to the level of those they want to chastise. I
only opened your post because it was you, I wouldn't normally look at
anything with such a subject heading.

So we all agree - although in different ways, and we're pals again?

I hope so.

Mary

--
Paul

Old January 21st 04, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Reverend Stapleton S Love

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message

Well, Paul, I'm not angry, nor drunk.

....just an obnoxious old cow.

___________
But I agree with Stephen and I didn't like your earlier post.

Tough! - complain to Spouse.......

____________

You're sailing
close to the wind

Think of it as a fart in your face.

Old January 21st 04, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sigmund

"People wrote in various messages" Stuff about trolls.

Another 'aim' of trolling is to get people arguing amongst themselves.
Please don't let them succeed. One day the advance of technology may strip
away their cloak of anonymity (I wonder if trolls ever consider this) but
until then the only 'effective' thing to do is ignore them.