Japan without a Caravan

Old January 20th 04, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BrianG

Default Japan without a Caravan

I apologise for mailing this site with what is really a 'non caravan' issue
although I suspect many of you are using digi cameras. I am a caravanner and
read this newsgroup regularly, so I know that Caravanners are generally
really friendly and helpful people, and are often very practical and
inovative. In Short, I'm going to Japan next week with my digi camera, the
voltage there is 100 volts. Can anyone help please 1) Will my universal
socket work. 2) Will my battery charger work, and charge the batteries or
considering the much lower voltage than u.k. could it do any damage to
charger or batteries. Canon Ixus V. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Old January 20th 04, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stuart Bell

BrianG wrote:

2) Will my battery charger work, and charge the batteries or
considering the much lower voltage than u.k. could it do any damage to
charger or batteries.

On the side of the battery charger will be some signage indicating
whether it will work at 110v or not. Some do, some don't.

Stuart
--
Spamfritterspam exists only in the world of the address
harvesting spam bot. Try stuartsmacs at the same domain
Old January 20th 04, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

"BrianG" wrote in message
I apologise for mailing this site with what is really a 'non caravan'

issue
although I suspect many of you are using digi cameras. I am a caravanner

and
read this newsgroup regularly, so I know that Caravanners are generally
really friendly and helpful people, and are often very practical and
inovative. In Short, I'm going to Japan next week with my digi camera, the
voltage there is 100 volts. Can anyone help please 1) Will my universal
socket work. 2) Will my battery charger work, and charge the batteries or
considering the much lower voltage than u.k. could it do any damage to
charger or batteries. Canon Ixus V. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Why not subcribe to rec.photo.digital news group where you will find all

there is to know about digital camer related information.
MikeS

Old January 20th 04, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Joe R

Most modern Digital Cam chargers are variable voltage.
It may take slightly longer for a full charge, but it should work with
no problems.

Use mine abroad all the time and have never had any problems
Use Ni-MH batteries.

Joe R