Lonely HOBBY owner!

Old July 15th 03, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Smk

Default Lonely HOBBY owner!

Roy wrote in message

I'm sure you're aware that Roy's caravan centre in Bolton have started a
Hobby Owners Club on their website;
www.northwest-hobby.co.uk

Well no - we weren't.

But we are now, Roy

I'm brand new to caravaning

Then why are you selling them?, shouldn't you learn a bit about them first?

and my 2002 Hobby 560 prestige (yes, I know

about the towing restrictions thanks)

So, you know that much, then?.............

and I'm a bit lonely on the owners
club at the moment!

That's because you want to know everything about prospective members - from
the chassis number of the caravans, to what their favourite sexual act is

Any chance of some of you 'veterans' - meant in the nicest sense - joining
and imparting some of your wisdom?

Ah - need some advice about servicing the vans, Roy?

Don't worry about their question, when joining, about where you keep your
caravan. They just want a county or region, not the exact GPS

co-ordinates!

....not to mention an address, a postcode, a serial number, a date of birth,
a shoe size....

By the way, I don't work for Roy's,

I believe you. You're Roy himself, right?

[begin advertisement)

I've just found them to be extremely
helpful and friendly

(end advertisement)

.. If, on the other hand, you are a bit concerned that
they might not approve of your ideas (It is YOUR caravan after all)

But the might not stay OURS for long, once all the address details leak
out.......

e-mail me direct please. I haven't worked out how to protect my e-mail
address

You'll find lots of advice for Spammers on the web, Roy.

I hope this doesn't sound to
sinister! A Hobby owners underground sect ;o)

Hobby's are very popular with Ground workers, Roy - and I see that you've
managed to get the hang of 'smileys'

Hoping maybe we can get some useful communications going - I will probably
be a novice pest to start off with,

AGHHHHHHHHH - we're in for a Spam-fest!

but who knows? I might soon have some
original thoughts of my own! - cheers

I've already had an original thought.....PLONK

Old July 15th 03, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pat Joyce

"Smk" wrote in message

Roy wrote in message

[...]

What a damn shame. I've only just bought my first caravan and started
posting onto this newsgroup and am now accused by Smk of being Roy from
Roy's caravans (HOBBY UK's authorised dealer in the Northwest Smk - so you
can get your facts right - if you're interested in facts at all before you
blow people off!)

When considering buying my caravan I was aware of the problems associated
with stolen HOBBYs and was able to get some very helpful advice re VIN Nos.
etc. from both Ambergate and Roy's, and some more help since.

So now by highlighting the fact that there is a new hobby owners club on the
web Smk decides I need a good slagging-off! If you don't like the look of it
then fine - It's not my bloody site - but no need to have a pop at me!

Maybe I'm a bit naive here, just thought it might be useful. I've been at
other newsgroups where people are only too willing to share useful info and
links.

Smk, what can I say? It's just a damn shame!

Old July 15th 03, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Smk

"Pat Joyce" wrote in message

get your facts right - if you're interested in facts at all before you
blow people off!)

(un-plonked, briefly)

'Roy' doesn't appear on the Official Hobby list of dealers. Perhaps Roy's a
'sub'-destructor for Ambergate?

Let's hope that Roy's caravans comply to UK legislation regarding upholstery
and road lights - otherwise Roy might find himself in the ****

So now by highlighting the fact that there is a new hobby owners club on

the
web Smk decides I need a good slagging-off!

I would say that it's more of an attempt to compile a marketing database
than an owners club.

If you don't like the look of it
then fine - It's not my bloody site - but no need to have a pop at me!

You were the one spamming the group

Maybe I'm a bit naive here, just thought it might be useful.

For Roy?...

I've been at
other newsgroups where people are only too willing to share useful info

and
links.

We're bad tempered buggers in here.

Smk, what can I say? It's just a damn shame!

No, I'll tell you what's a shame - a letter in the July 2002 issue of
'Caravan' magazine from a bloke in South Wales who bought a new Hobby. He
went off on his hols, and got turned away from his usual site because the
owners didn't like Hobbys (something to do with Tinkers etc)

Old July 15th 03, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pat Joyce

"Smk" wrote in message

"Pat Joyce" wrote in message

[...]

Hmmmmmm, in other 'better tempered' atmospheres, the sharing of a link -
from genuine regular users (I'm new here, but NOT to be bullied like the new
kid in the class) - is not considered spamming. I gain nothing - apart from
spite and contempt from Smk - by sharing this link!

BTW Smk, you really need to chill. If this is all it takes to get you going
then your world must be very, very small.

Re the individual turned away from a site, (despite Smk's assumptions, my
calling is in the legal world, not in spamming or selling caravans!), so I
may be in a slightly better position to counter that. Though I do feel for
that individual mentioned.

'Let's hope that Roy complies......' - Message still not getting there, nowt
to do with me! (some people have to be shown the script - really).

Maybe I thought it might be useful - YES, until I came across this barrage.

Oh well, that'll teach me to try and share what I thought might be useful to
some. I wouldn't dream now of mentioning what car I drive and, oh my god! -
I've recommended a site near me for someone who's coming down to see Robbie
Williams soon, god help them - I even put their names on the post!!!!

Pat - ;o0 - Smileys are okay too, friendliness and good humour are good
for the soul!

Old July 15th 03, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Smk

"Pat Joyce" wrote in message

Hmmmmmm, in other 'better tempered' atmospheres, the sharing of a link -
from genuine regular users (I'm new here, but NOT to be bullied like the

new
kid in the class) - is not considered spamming. I gain nothing - apart

from
spite and contempt from Smk - by sharing this link!

Try not to get so agitated. If you read spite and contempt into my reply
it's because you're feeling a tad insecure.

Roy's site seems to get worse by the viewing. I notice that he requires a
50% deposit for al parts ordered. If Roy's customers give him half the
purchase price in advance for goods not received, then Roy's customers are
mugs.

Perhaps you could also explain why Roy needs to know where caravans are
being kept?

BTW Smk, you really need to chill. If this is all it takes to get you

going
then your world must be very, very small.

Why? - because I object to a Spammer posting a link that might entice
gullible people to give our friend Roy all sorts of personal information
that they'd be better off keeping to themselves?

Re the individual turned away from a site, (despite Smk's assumptions, my
calling is in the legal world, not in spamming or selling caravans!), so I
may be in a slightly better position to counter that. Though I do feel for
that individual mentioned.

All the legal expertise in he world will not help you if a site owner
decides not to allow you on his property.

Even a first year law student could tell you that.

'Let's hope that Roy complies......' - Message still not getting there,

nowt
to do with me! (some people have to be shown the script - really).

Whether you are connected with Roy and his info-harvesting exercise is open
to speculation.

I'm a suspicious sod, and I think that you are..

Maybe I thought it might be useful - YES, until I came across this

barrage.

It would certainly be useful for Roy

Oh well, that'll teach me to try and share what I thought might be useful

some. I wouldn't dream now of mentioning what car I drive and, oh my

god! -
I've recommended a site near me for someone who's coming down to see

Robbie
Williams soon, god help them - I even put their names on the post!!!!

You have no gift for sarcasm. Besides, it's Roy who would be more
interested in those details.

Pat - ;o0 - Smileys are okay too, friendliness and good humour are

good
for the soul!

And not telling strangers where your caravan is kept is good for retaining
possession of it.

Old July 16th 03, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
AL

"Smk" wrote in message
No, I'll tell you what's a shame - a letter in the July 2002 issue of
'Caravan' magazine from a bloke in South Wales who bought a new Hobby.

He
went off on his hols, and got turned away from his usual site because the
owners didn't like Hobbys (something to do with Tinkers etc)

Good, that makes me feel better about being "Tinkerised" for having the
cheek to drive and tow using a van :-)

All the best.

AL.