ITV/BBC going down on Sky

Old July 15th 03, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ticker

Default ITV/BBC going down on Sky

Hi To All
I have a sky Digi box and have been enjoying BBC and ITV
As with a dish makes reception good and easy. But as you know
Sky is going to charge for this service to recieve the channels for 12.50
per Month
which I an NOT willing to Pay

Is it possible to pick up BBC/ITV with any other satellite as I know
You can pick up for Free with freeview ITV digi box But this is no good for
Caravaning because the signal is so weak.

Old July 15th 03, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ticker

Sorry it is ITV and Ch4 going down from freeview
I started getting messages on my Sky Digi Box channels today saying that I
would
soon stop receiving the channel. I phoned the number given in the message
and was told that the Freeview channels were no longer going to be
available
unless I subscribed to a Sky package. so much for "Freeview"

SKY ARE ASKING 12.50p PER MONTH FOR RECIEVING THE ITV/CH4 channels
SKY ARE OUT TOI RIP CUSTOMERS OFF
SKY STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tried to argue that all I wanted was BBC and ITV channels but made no
differance
to the price .

Old July 15th 03, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

"Ticker" wrote in message
Hi To All
I have a sky Digi box and have been enjoying BBC and ITV
As with a dish makes reception good and easy. But as you know
Sky is going to charge for this service to recieve the channels for 12.50
per Month
which I an NOT willing to Pay

Is it possible to pick up BBC/ITV with any other satellite as I know
You can pick up for Free with freeview ITV digi box But this is no good

for
Caravaning because the signal is so weak.

For that sort of money I get Telewest phone thrown in with all mentioed
above.
Mike

Old July 15th 03, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Ticker" wrote in message

Is it possible to pick up BBC/ITV with any other satellite as I know

You can now recieve the BBC, all regions, on a normal FTA box. But not
ITV, CH4 and Five.

A sky box with or without a card will also recieve the BBC. But a
subscription card only in the near future will only pick up ITV/Ch4/Five.

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 15th 03, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian McFarlane

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:33:05 +0100, "Ticker"
wrote:

| Hi To All
| I have a sky Digi box and have been enjoying BBC and ITV
| As with a dish makes reception good and easy. But as you know
| Sky is going to charge for this service to recieve the channels for

12.50
| per Month
| which I an NOT willing to Pay
|
| Is it possible to pick up BBC/ITV with any other satellite as I know
| You can pick up for Free with freeview ITV digi box But this is no good

for
| Caravaning because the signal is so weak.

It all depends where you are as to if you can recieve freeview.
With a directional aerial, an amplifier and a set top box, I can sometimes
get Freeview in my van.

The BBC have moved to Astra 2D and are transmitting unencripted, so you

can
and will be able to recieve all BBC channels, free via your $ky box.

ITV1, Channels 4 and 5, will have to be paid for, but this *may* change.

Dave F

I have already written to my MP who "is making enquiries of the Minister for
culture and media". If the government think they can persuade people to
switch from analogue to digital by having us pay once for a licence and then
over as much again for a Sky subscription just to watch ITV, CH4 and 5 they
should be told they have got it wrong. I have used satellite TV in my
caravan for many years now,. analogue originally and then digital. I have
never paid Sky for a subscription, I simply paid 100 for installation and
was 'given' a box and a free to view card which enabled me to watch the same
channels in digital quality as I had previously on analogue terrestial. That
suited me fine, I got a better quality picture for a reasonable financial
outlay. I do of course have to record from analogue terrestial if I want to
watch a different digital satellite at the same time. Now it seems I have to
pay to Sky to continue this, or buy a digital terrestial box or go back to
analogue terrestial. I wonder why someone allowed Sky to take control of our
broadcast system, if I was a cynic I might think somebody got a nice
back-hander for going down that route.

The more people who hassle their MPs the more chance there is of some
resolution. All it needs is for someone to cut a deal with someone else to
issue the free to view card as part of our TV licence fee.

It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Ian

Old July 15th 03, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Capitol

http://www.faxyourmp.com/
Regards
Capitol

Ian McFarlane wrote in message ...

.. .

Old July 16th 03, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin Imber

Is it possible to pick up BBC/ITV with any other satellite as I know
You can pick up for Free with freeview ITV digi box But this is no good

for
Caravaning because the signal is so weak.

Is it - I have had no problems.

Saundersfoot - all 6 muxes
Cornwall - all 6 muxes

Haven't bothered for weekends