Battery help

Old July 15th 03, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
4 u

Default Battery help

Hi All

I am new to caravanning but I have a caravan with a leisure battery, will go
to sites and use the battery only as don't have equipment that needs it,
only for lighting

I have twin electrics on my freelander, but I would like to charge my
leisure battery whilst driving with the 12V connected to the van

what do I need. ? keeping costs down

I thought just connect straight from the 12V in van to battery, but unsure
if safe and also if overcharged battery might kill it

your input appreciated

Mario

Old July 16th 03, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Manders

"4 u" wrote in message
Hi All

I am new to caravanning but I have a caravan with a leisure battery, will

go
to sites and use the battery only as don't have equipment that needs it,
only for lighting

I have twin electrics on my freelander, but I would like to charge my
leisure battery whilst driving with the 12V connected to the van

what do I need. ? keeping costs down

I thought just connect straight from the 12V in van to battery, but

unsure
if safe and also if overcharged battery might kill it

your input appreciated

Mario

A standard split charge relay correctly fitted will be all that you need.
They come with fitting instructions. Make sure that you use large size cable
for the wiring. Relays are available from almost anywhere, eg Halfords,
caravan shops or online, eg Towsure.

John