TV Aerial

Old July 16th 03, 07:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Derek

Default TV Aerial

I have the Status 530 with pre amp and it works very well even in poor pic
areas I wouldn't change back to the omni directional ones of any make, they
are a pure waste of space and money
"David Bloor" wrote in message
Hi,

new to caravanning,which tv aerial is best???

Thanks.

---

Old July 17th 03, 05:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Westwell

David,

I saw the directional status on a new van and thought about time! I was
interested to know how they make it watertight as the poles comes inside the
caravan do that you can turn the aerial without going outside, do you know?

Regards,

Paul

Old July 17th 03, 08:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Derek

The directional aerial has a seal built into the outer casing which also
seals to the mast,it is also fully adjustable from inside you can alter from
inside from horizontal to vertical as well lift and lower,They do have 2
telescopic aerials which are horizontal the same as a car radio aerials but
you have to pull these out through the rooflight unless your tall enough to
reach from outside(if Needed) I don't need to pull mine out as everything
works great without. no more standing in the rain shouting to the other half
(is that any better ?)
It covers UHF 470 to 860 MHz. VHF 40 to 230 MHz and FM 88 to 108 MHz.So can
be used on the continent as well. Derek