Old October 6th 04, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Eades

Default Seasonal Pitches

"Leyland_Leopard" wrote in message
"Dave Eades" wrote in message
Anyone know of any sites within a 1 1/2 hour drive of Ashton Under Lyne,
where tourers are allowed to be kept pitched for reasonable money?
I fancy putting the caravan somewhere and being able to go there when

the
mood takes me.
whereas, at the moment I only have 1 hour each day. (8am-9am) to remove

my
caravan from storage.

was thinking derbyshire, yorkshire, east coast (preffered choice) or

west
coast (not keen).

TIA
Dave

I was born in AUL (useless bit of information) and my parents still live
there.

One of our favourite sites can't be any more than 1 1/2 hours drive from
there (albeit we approach it from the East Coast). The Caravan Club MUC
site at Newark (Milestone Site, Cromwell, Notts) is a lovely site -
peaceful, in spite of being sandwiched between the A1 (VERY easy access)

and
the East Coast mainline.

From the site, Newark is 10 mins drive (or a bus ride) away. Grimsby,
Grantham, Leeds, Lincoln, Cleethorpes, Nottingham are within an hour's
drive. There are many attractions locally. The site has well stocked
fishing lakes (wonderful for losing elder son for a day) and the usual CC
standard of facilities.

That sounds Ideal actually, but can caravans be kept there seasonally and
what sort of fees would be applicable?
Thanks
Dave