Regular noise on HF?

Old February 9th 04, 05:02 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.rec.caravanning
Phil Kyle

Default Regular noise on HF?

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 15:21:02 GMT, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

On 08/02/2004 Walt Davidson a wrote :
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 13:56:47 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

two people have independently reported hearing a period of noise on HF,
repeating at around 10 minute intervals and lasting for 10 or so
seconds. The suggest it sounds like a hash noise, of quite high
strength. I, in the middle, am hearing nothing like this. One of them
is 250 miles south of me and the other 100 miles north. They seem to
indicate it affects all HF bands. Has anyone else come across this?

It's the cold snap, Harry. People's central heating thermostats
tripping in and out.

73 de G3NYY

Not everyone in the countries thermostats tripping at the same time
surely?

Yes they are. I should report it to the national central heating crime unit
if I were you.

--
Phil Kyle - Usenet Legend.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at/

"If Harry would just shut up half the
problems on this group would go away,
He brought the trolls here from
local.yorkshire in the first place!! " - wemfish