Distance between caravans

Old July 17th 03, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul

Default Distance between caravans

"Phil Marley" wrote in message
Hello all,

can anyone tell me if there is a legal requirement for caravans to be a
certain distance apart on camp sites, i.e. to prevent the spread of fire
perhaps?

Many thanks
Phil

A couple of years ago I had the miss fortune of being on a haven site and
fell out with the neighbours who although had set up first were not in
position.

I set my van up but as it was german I was awning to awning with friends
which is what we wanted.

The neighbour went and dragged the staff over moaning about my positioning
and proximity to his van, they came, looked and said one of should move as
camp rules say no awning to awning and 2m spacing. On chatting to the staff
out of ear shot they said awning to awning was a campsite rule to stop
people joinging them together and the 2m rule was local authority and only
enforced if they could be bothered and it would take trips to the police and
council buildings.

I guess any of these rule only apply if camp staff can be bothered.

Paul