Sprite Caravan

Old February 9th 04, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GrahamW

Default Sprite Caravan

My sister-in-law has just bought a Sprite 4 berth caravan.
As she lives 70 miles away I haven't had chance to look at it yet but she
has asked me to find out the age of it.
Can the age be worked out from the serial number which is usually on the
drawbar?
Should there be a plate with details on near the door, like my Elddis?
If it is there what numbers should I be looking for?
From her description of the 'van (double glazed, no hot water etc.) I'm
guessing mid 1980's.

TIA Graham

Old February 9th 04, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 18:49:13 -0000, "GrahamW" wrote:

My sister-in-law has just bought a Sprite 4 berth caravan.
As she lives 70 miles away I haven't had chance to look at it yet but she
has asked me to find out the age of it.
Can the age be worked out from the serial number which is usually on the
drawbar?
Should there be a plate with details on near the door, like my Elddis?
If it is there what numbers should I be looking for?
From her description of the 'van (double glazed, no hot water etc.) I'm
guessing mid 1980's.

TIA Graham

The age can be worked out this way but I don't know how, There were
however some early 90's vans that would fit the description and it is
possible that a Sprite Musketeer would fit the description. ( Must be
earlier than 1994 though.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old February 10th 04, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GrahamW

bill lord wrote:
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 18:49:13 -0000, "GrahamW" wrote:

My sister-in-law has just bought a Sprite 4 berth caravan.
As she lives 70 miles away I haven't had chance to look at it yet
but she has asked me to find out the age of it.
Can the age be worked out from the serial number which is usually on
the drawbar?
Should there be a plate with details on near the door, like my
Elddis? If it is there what numbers should I be looking for?
From her description of the 'van (double glazed, no hot water etc.)
I'm guessing mid 1980's.

TIA Graham

The age can be worked out this way but I don't know how, There were
however some early 90's vans that would fit the description and it is
possible that a Sprite Musketeer would fit the description. ( Must be
earlier than 1994 though.

Thanks for the reply, Bill.
Looks like it'll have to wait 'til I get down there and have a look at it.

Graham