BBQ questionnaire for college design project

Old February 11th 04, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jonnyhicks

Default BBQ questionnaire for college design project

Hi

I am currently studying for a degree at the College of St Mark and St John
in Plymouth

My final project is to design a BBQ unit

Please can you fill out a short questionnaire (word format) and e-mail it
back to me.

Please click on http://www.j4jon.freeserve.co.uk/jon2550/BBQ.htm to get the
questionnaire

Many thanks

Jon

Old February 12th 04, 06:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jonnyhicks

How about I send you a copy of a copy my mate made from a copy he copied
form someones copy they made from a copy they got from a bloke down the pub?

"The Most Rev. Peter Parsnip" wrote in message
s.com...
The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by
jonnyhicks, and I thusly replied:

Hi

I am currently studying for a degree at the College of St Mark and St
John in Plymouth

My final project is to design a BBQ unit

Please can you fill out a short questionnaire (word format) and e-mail
it back to me.

Please click on http://www.j4jon.freeserve.co.uk/jon2550/BBQ.htm to get
the questionnaire

What if I don't have Word?

--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874

"A ******* shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his
tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord."
- Deuteronomy 23:2

Old February 12th 04, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
MikeE

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:34:06 +0000, jonnyhicks wrote:

How about I send you a copy of a copy my mate made from a copy he copied
form someones copy they made from a copy they got from a bloke down the
pub?

....snip

What if I don't have Word?

Now I wouldn't do that - you would be encouraging a member of the cloth to
engage in illicit activities and I think he has enough trouble with his
boss with what he's currently up to g You could advise him to use
OpenOffice of course, which is both compatible and free (he may not be
sufficiently experienced / knowledgeable to have heard of it).

Cheers

Mike

Old February 12th 04, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
anyone

"Effected Butterfly" [email protected] wrote in message
ws.com...
Kinda makes PDF (Portable Document Format)

Ahhhhhh LOL, a bit of Harry is rubbing off.
Good of you to splain that tla, none of us at brum knew what it meant.

Old February 12th 04, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bungle & Zippy

"The Very Rev. Peter Parsnip" wrote in message
s.com...
PDF sucks! HTML is the best for portability!

Sadly, not at our place it isn't. Except for things like c sources, scripts
etc, all student teaching notes have to be in .pdf

Old February 12th 04, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
MikeE

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:52:27 +0000, Bungle & Zippy wrote:

"The Very Rev. Peter Parsnip" wrote in
message s.com...
PDF sucks! HTML is the best for portability!

Sadly, not at our place it isn't. Except for things like c sources,
scripts etc, all student teaching notes have to be in .pdf

I'm far from being an expert in this, but I thought that the main point of
using the PDF format was to transfer a file (in a portable format) whose
source could not be readily altered by the recipient - thus making it
ideal for (amongst other things) student notes etc. I also understand that
a PDF format file is easily readable by Adobe's Acrobat Reader (available
for all operating systems (?); whereas an HTML file does not always seem
to appear the same on, for example, Internet Explorer - Opera - Netscape -
Mozilla (at least, it doesn't on mine - but then again I'm no expert, as I
said above).

Mike
Old February 12th 04, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bungle & Zippy

"MikeE" wrote in message
news
I'm far from being an expert in this, but I thought that the main point of
using the PDF format was to transfer a file (in a portable format) whose
source could not be readily altered by the recipient - thus making it
ideal for (amongst other things) student notes etc. I also understand that
a PDF format file is easily readable by Adobe's Acrobat Reader (available
for all operating systems (?); whereas an HTML file does not always seem
to appear the same on, for example, Internet Explorer - Opera - Netscape -
Mozilla (at least, it doesn't on mine - but then again I'm no expert, as I
said above).

Our main reason for using .pdf is so that 'everyone' can view lecture notes
similarly.
If they want to alter it that's their business, they alter pretty much
everything else.
Woebetide a sysadmin who misses something in profiles/policies, he's dead
meat.
At one time, our 'bolt-down policy' was a note on the wall saying, 'no email
or network access is allowed in this lab'

As you say, viewing .htm is browser dependant.

Old February 12th 04, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bungle & Zippy

"Effected Butterfly" [email protected] wrote in message
ws.com...
That's because Birmingham is full of sadists.

I won't say what I think it's full of.