NEC show next week anyone?

Old February 11th 04, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
HN

Default NEC show next week anyone?

Anyone planning to visit the Birmingham NEC show next week?

Also is anyone stopping over on the C&CC temporary site on the NEC,
west car park?

We'll be there on the Friday and Saturday(20th & 21st) nights if
anyone fancies a meet-up.

Neil

Old February 11th 04, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"HN" wrote in message
Anyone planning to visit the Birmingham NEC show next week?

Also is anyone stopping over on the C&CC temporary site on the NEC,
west car park?

We'll be there on the Friday and Saturday(20th & 21st) nights if
anyone fancies a meet-up.

Neil

I'd love to but have a physio session on Firday and then we'll be preparing
to go to Welsh daughter's farm (staying in the little 'van which lives
there).

Never been to a caravan show, any chance of a report?

Mary

Old February 12th 04, 12:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Des

Could it have been Mary Fisher who typed:

|| "HN" wrote in message
||| Anyone planning to visit the Birmingham NEC show next week?
||| Also is anyone stopping over on the C&CC temporary site on the NEC,
||| west car park?
||| We'll be there on the Friday and Saturday(20th & 21st) nights if
||| anyone fancies a meet-up.
||| Neil
|| I'd love to but have a physio session on Firday and then we'll be
|| preparing to go to Welsh daughter's farm (staying in the little 'van
|| which lives there).
|| Never been to a caravan show, any chance of a report?
|| Mary

maw pa and the weans went to the secc last weekend, saw lots of lovely (read
expensive) vans, must admit to be taken with an Adria, 10k not this year
though...... What I like is all the small stalls with all those items you
can't do without,

Des

---

Old February 12th 04, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Des" wrote in message

maw pa and the weans went to the secc last weekend, saw lots of lovely

(read
expensive) vans, must admit to be taken with an Adria, 10k not this year
though...... What I like is all the small stalls with all those items you
can't do without,

Des

I suspect thatr the social side is the best part!

Mary

---

Old February 12th 04, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
MikeE

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:47:52 +0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

"HN" wrote in message
Anyone planning to visit the Birmingham NEC show next week?

....snip
Never been to a caravan show, any chance of a report?

Mary

I can't get there either ... been to a few Boat Shows in the past and just
came away envious of all the goodies I couldn't afford g

I agree that a few words on what it was like would be useful tho' Neil

Mike
Old February 13th 04, 01:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
HN

wrote:

I'd love to but have a physio session on Firday and then we'll be preparing
to go to Welsh daughter's farm (staying in the little 'van which lives
there).

Never been to a caravan show, any chance of a report?

Mary

Hi Mary

It won't surprise you that for me, the main attraction of this show is
the boating side and related paraphernalia. That's not to say that I
completely ignore the caravans, I usually look at a few, as I do some
of the motor caravans.

But if I find something interesting, sure, I'll give it a mention.

Neil

Old February 13th 04, 05:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Leyland

The Most Rev. Peter Parsnip wrote:
: The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by HN,
: and I thusly replied:
:
:: Anyone planning to visit the Birmingham NEC show next week?
::
:: Also is anyone stopping over on the C&CC temporary site on the NEC,
:: west car park?
::
:: We'll be there on the Friday and Saturday(20th & 21st) nights if
:: anyone fancies a meet-up.
:
: I'm game!

need a lift there?

--
Steve Leyland
mhm32x16 Smeeter#24 WSD#41

=^MEOW MEOW ARMY^=

I exhort you also to take part in the great combat, which is the combat
of life, and greater than every other earthly combat. - Plato

http://www.freetommychong.org/

In a free society, a man should be free to do as he chooses so long as
he harms no-one. It is our firm belief that Mr. Chong has harmed
no-one, and is being unfairly targeted for prosecution because of his
celebrity status. In short, "this sucks", and we won't stand for it.
Join our movement to stop this travesty of justice! If you won't stand
up for Tommy Chong, who will stand up for you when YOU'RE being
unfairly imprisoned??
"Warning to all: Steve Leyland is a trolling **** of the highest order.
Killfile the muppet now and move on. Even the briefest of searches on
his past UseNet posts will reveal the truth. You have been warned.
*plonk*"

bear, uk.rec.motorcycles
"This sig is an abomination of all that is good and right about usenet.
Do the entire world a favor and REMOVE YOURSELF FROM USENET ALTOGETHER,
DUMBASS."

miguel, soc.singles
"must you include your 75847548574893579345 gigabyte sig file in every
****ing post? You're very annoying."

projectile vomit chick, alt.music.ozzy
"I went to the Garden of Love,
And saw what I never had seen;
A Chapel was built in the midst,
Where I used to play on the green.

And the gates of this Chapel were shut
And "Thou shalt not," writ over the door;
So I turned to the Garden of Love
That so many sweet flowers bore.

And I saw it was filled with graves,
And tombstones where flowers should be;
And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars my joys and desires."

William Blake.
"Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another
inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned; until
there is no longer any first-class and second-class citizens of any
nation; until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than
the color of his eyes; until the basic human rights are equally
guaranteed to all, without regard to race -- until that day, the dreams
of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international
morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never
attained."

Haile Sellassie.

"When the Earth has been ravaged and the animals are dying, a tribe of
people from all races, creeds and colours shall put their faith in
deeds, not words, and make the land green again. They shall be known as
Warriors of the Rainbow, protectors of the environment."

Native American prophecy

|\ _.-'~~""'~`'~)
/, ~-,__,,,.'~ ,-;;--''
|,4) ./ ' ; ;/'
'-~~;'@ ( ; ;
_.--'' _.-_..' .;.'
(,_..----''' (,..--''

Meow

Old February 24th 04, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
HN

Default NEC show last week - was - NEC show next week anyone?

"HN" wrote in message
Anyone planning to visit the Birmingham NEC show next week?

...snip
Never been to a caravan show, any chance of a report?

Mary

I can't get there either ... been to a few Boat Shows in the past and just
came away envious of all the goodies I couldn't afford g

I agree that a few words on what it was like would be useful tho' Neil

Mike

OK

We stayed on the temporary site on the West car park on Friday and
Saturday nights. My impression was that the running of this was quite
well organised, with good access to water and waste disposal.

It was pretty darn cold on the car park but the Truma heater was kept
on setting 1(of the range 1 to 10) overnight, and when we weren't at
home(we had the dog with us), and on setting 2 it kept us comfortable
during the evenings.

The free car shuttles were running as last year, which made it
convenient to keep nipping back to the 'van during the day to attend
to our dogs needs. This year the cars being provided by MG Rover(last
year was Volvo). The occupancy of the site seems to bear out the
increase in motorhome usage, the typical night having a proportion of
between 3 and 4 to 1 in favour of the motorcaravans. I learned this
in conversation with one of the war...erm site managers. Site
security quite good, with NEC security staff patrolling frequently.

In the actual show itself, the organisers had mixed in some caravans
with the boats in hall 5, not unlike last year. In all there was
plenty to look at, and we really needed the 2 full days to do it
justice - and that's without checking out any motorhomes and most of
the caravans!

Did notice however, the external similarity between the new Adria
models and Burstner - virtually identical in shape at the front!

Nice to see Dandy folding campers on show again under their new name
of Riva, they haven't changed much over the years! Likewise the Eriba
range have changed little - no need I suppose.

We did see no end of people coming back to the site with those
extending wash brushes that connect to a garden hose. I don't know if
10 was a good deal or not, but I guess very many others thought so!

We spent most of our time around the boat related stands and the
camping accessories, tents and all the other technical stuff.

I saw Michael Leete at a distance but didn't catch his attention. He
wasn't on the Dometic stand at the stand at the time.

We enjoyed the show and will go again next year.

Neil

Old February 24th 04, 07:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Michael Leete

Neil,

Sorry to have missed you. Lets make sure we meet up next year for a cup of
tea.

Michael

Old February 24th 04, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

...snip
[...]

Thanks for that, Neil, but it didn't tempt me to go to one :-)

I'm glad you enjoyed it. What's your next trade event?

Mary