Best shoes while vanning in Europe?

Old February 13th 04, 02:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Robert

Default Best shoes while vanning in Europe?

Hello,

I would like to hear people's opinions on the best walking shoes ---
for town and country --- while driving a little camper-van around
Europe, when there is only enough room in the van for one pair of
shoes. I ask, because I would like to buy the shoes and break them in
before I start traveling.

My own guess is that a pair of good-looking leather gore-tex boots
would be best. But I am without actual experience, and only guessing.
Given the general European changing weather and the terrain to be
encountered in towns and on walking trails, what is your experience
and recommendation?

Thank you.

Old February 13th 04, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Robert" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I would like to hear people's opinions on the best walking shoes ---
for town and country --- while driving a little camper-van around
Europe, when there is only enough room in the van for one pair of
shoes. I ask, because I would like to buy the shoes and break them in
before I start traveling.

'Break them in' - I haven't eard that for years! do modern shoes need
breaking in?

Mary

Old February 13th 04, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Robert" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I would like to hear people's opinions on the best walking shoes ---
for town and country --- while driving a little camper-van around
Europe, when there is only enough room in the van for one pair of
shoes. I ask, because I would like to buy the shoes and break them in
before I start traveling.

My own guess is that a pair of good-looking leather gore-tex boots
would be best. But I am without actual experience, and only guessing.
Given the general European changing weather and the terrain to be
encountered in towns and on walking trails, what is your experience
and recommendation?

Brasher make excellent boots.

Rgds

Andy R