I hate caravan fridges.

« - | - »

Old February 13th 04, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default I hate caravan fridges.

I was testing everything before going out this weekend, and as usual
getting the Electrolux fridge to work on LPG proved difficult.
Yesterday I tried at least six times *at length* at least 10 presses of the
lighting knob each time, to get it to work, as per the instructions. No
luck, so we cancelled the weekend trip :-(

Today, still believing that the gas had not got to the fridge. I took the
outside grills off to let gas escape. I taped the gas temperature control
knob down, fully depressed, and left it depressed for about an hour. It
then lit OK.

Dave F
Old February 13th 04, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.local.yorkshire
Sharky

In uk.rec.caravanning, Dave Fawthrop says...

I was testing everything before going out this weekend, and as usual
getting the Electrolux fridge to work on LPG proved difficult.
Yesterday I tried at least six times *at length* at least 10 presses of the
lighting knob each time, to get it to work, as per the instructions. No
luck, so we cancelled the weekend trip :-(

Today, still believing that the gas had not got to the fridge. I took the
outside grills off to let gas escape. I taped the gas temperature control
knob down, fully depressed, and left it depressed for about an hour. It
then lit OK.

Why not just write a FAQ and spam it across Usenet?
Old February 13th 04, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy Richardson

This often happens when I have changed a gas bottle and air has entered the
line. I find that running a high volume device such as a couple of rings on
the hob for a few seconds means the fridge then lights fairly quickly. You
are trying to vent any air in the system through the small output of the
fridge which (as you found) takes a long time.

--
Andy Richardson
Derbyshire
"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
I was testing everything before going out this weekend, and as usual
getting the Electrolux fridge to work on LPG proved difficult.
Yesterday I tried at least six times *at length* at least 10 presses of

the
lighting knob each time, to get it to work, as per the instructions. No
luck, so we cancelled the weekend trip :-(

Today, still believing that the gas had not got to the fridge. I took the
outside grills off to let gas escape. I taped the gas temperature

control
knob down, fully depressed, and left it depressed for about an hour. It
then lit OK.

Dave F

---

Old February 13th 04, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Andy Richardson" wrote in message
This often happens when I have changed a gas bottle and air has entered

the
line. I find that running a high volume device such as a couple of rings

on
the hob for a few seconds means the fridge then lights fairly quickly.

You
are trying to vent any air in the system through the small output of the
fridge which (as you found) takes a long time.

Who needs a fridge at this time of year?

Mary

--
Andy Richardson
Derbyshire

Old February 13th 04, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:50:51 -0000, "Andy Richardson"
wrote:

| This often happens when I have changed a gas bottle and air has entered the
| line. I find that running a high volume device such as a couple of rings on
| the hob for a few seconds means the fridge then lights fairly quickly. You
| are trying to vent any air in the system through the small output of the
| fridge which (as you found) takes a long time.

I lit the cooker that as a matter routine to overcome that problem. before
attempting the fridge.

Dave F
Old February 13th 04, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:52:36 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

| "Andy Richardson" wrote in message
| This often happens when I have changed a gas bottle and air has entered
| the
| line. I find that running a high volume device such as a couple of rings
| on
| the hob for a few seconds means the fridge then lights fairly quickly.
| You
| are trying to vent any air in the system through the small output of the
| fridge which (as you found) takes a long time.
|
| Who needs a fridge at this time of year?

Anyone who keeps the inside of the van at a reasonable temperature about
20-25 deg C.

Dave F
Old February 13th 04, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

wrote:

| This often happens when I have changed a gas bottle and air has entered

the
| line. I find that running a high volume device such as a couple of

rings on
| the hob for a few seconds means the fridge then lights fairly quickly.

You
| are trying to vent any air in the system through the small output of the
| fridge which (as you found) takes a long time.

I lit the cooker that as a matter routine to overcome that problem. before
attempting the fridge.

Dave F

Mary if I remember correctly thinks 12 degrees C is warm.

Old February 13th 04, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
anyone

"The Right Rev. Peter Parsnip" wrote in message
s.com...
Why didn't you gas yourself in the process and do us all a favour?

Looks as though they've left you on your own to cause devilment today Vic.
Since no-one else seems to be coming out to play, I thought I'd reply to one
or two.
Nothing worse than loneliness.

Old February 13th 04, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Whynot switch off the TV set and argue on Usenet instead

"Effected Butterfly" [email protected] wrote in message
ws.com...
In article , Dave Fawthrop
wrote:
I was testing everything before going out this weekend, and as usual
getting the Electrolux fridge to work on LPG proved difficult.
Yesterday I tried at least six times *at length* at least 10 presses of

the
lighting knob each time, to get it to work, as per the instructions. No
luck, so we cancelled the weekend trip :-(

Today, still believing that the gas had not got to the fridge. I took the
outside grills off to let gas escape. I taped the gas temperature

control
knob down, fully depressed, and left it depressed for about an hour.

It
then lit OK.

Hey, Dave, that's dead interesting!

----

Yes, indeed it was.

Fascinating stuff - absolutely riveting!

One can only envy the deep philosophical debates with which the lucky
members of the Fawthrop household must pass the long winter evening.

Old February 13th 04, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

Mary if I remember correctly thinks 12 degrees C is warm.

Well, not cold. I'm in shorts, t shirt and sandals today.

And the laying hen has surprised us by starting early this year. Spring is
definitely here :-)

Mary

« - | - »