windows 98se wanted

« Hitchdrive | rt »

Old February 13th 04, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
richard

Default windows 98se wanted

Im looking for a windows 98se disk and licence does anyone have one to sell,
ie if you've upgraded to xp or 2000.

Old February 13th 04, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

"richard" wrote in message
Im looking for a windows 98se disk and licence does anyone have one to

sell,
ie if you've upgraded to xp or 2000.

If you've upgraded, using the upgrade facility, then you may not sell the
old copy of 98 or of anything else, if my understanding of the rules is
correct. MS would have a record of the original software product code and a
new used would immediately have problems when he came to register it. You
might get away with it with 98, but not with XP - the re-installing
process of the latter is not an exercise for those short memories.

Old February 13th 04, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

richard posted ...

Im looking for a windows 98se disk and licence does anyone have one
to sell

Yup .. still with original cellophane wrapping, though the disc has been
used once .. for the very first installation. If I look I may also have a
completely unopened, effectively brand new, W98SE pachage somewhere.

No idea what they're worth though or what postage would be.

My email reply to address is mine and working .. just post back if you send
me an email. 'cos I really don't check it, just keep clearing it for when I
require it ..

--
Paul

Old February 13th 04, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Parry

In ,
richard fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ategory=46 19

--
Steve Parry

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

K100RS SE
F650

Old February 13th 04, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
richard

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
richard posted ...

Im looking for a windows 98se disk and licence does anyone have one
to sell

Yup .. still with original cellophane wrapping, though the disc has been
used once .. for the very first installation. If I look I may also have a
completely unopened, effectively brand new, W98SE pachage somewhere.

No idea what they're worth though or what postage would be.

My email reply to address is mine and working .. just post back if you

send
me an email. 'cos I really don't check it, just keep clearing it for when

require it ..

--
Paul

Sent you an email paul.

Old February 13th 04, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

"richard" wrote in message
Im looking for a windows 98se disk and licence does anyone have one to

sell,
ie if you've upgraded to xp or 2000.

Richard,

I have Windows 98 on my machine and have recently had a bit of fun
reinstalling it. I think I know somebody who has a copy of both 98SE and
2000 but is there any advantage in upgrading?

My machine has an 8 gigabyte hard drive partitioned roughly 2 and 6 with the
operating system on the smaller side.

I don't know how to keep this On Topic but I do use the computer to access
this caravanning NG. That should do :-)

Regards.

Dave Dew

Old February 13th 04, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"richard" wrote in message
Im looking for a windows 98se disk and licence does anyone have one to

sell,
ie if you've upgraded to xp or 2000.

Never had one. That's why I had to upgrade to XP, straight 98 wasn't up to
snuff.

Mary

Old February 13th 04, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Dave Dew" wrote in message

I don't know how to keep this On Topic but I do use the computer to access
this caravanning NG. That should do :-)

Is there another use?

Mary

Regards.

Dave Dew

Old February 13th 04, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:12:13 -0000, "Dave Dew"
wrote:

Richard,

I have Windows 98 on my machine and have recently had a bit of fun
reinstalling it. I think I know somebody who has a copy of both 98SE and
2000 but is there any advantage in upgrading?

I wondered that but using a p2 350 with 256mb of ram I upgraded to win
2000 and the difference had to be seen to be believed, it was a much
faster and slicker machine, now using XP and there is little
difference between 2000 and XP.

My machine has an 8 gigabyte hard drive partitioned roughly 2 and 6 with the
operating system on the smaller side.

To use either XP or 2000 you would need to reverse this, a simple
installation of XP will take up about 1.3gb, and it then likes room to
breath.

I use my computer in the caravan to transfer my photographs from my
camera to an archive, That's another way of keeping this thread on
topic G

(remove the spam to reply)
Old February 13th 04, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"bill lord" wrote in message

I use my computer in the caravan to transfer my photographs from my
camera to an archive, That's another way of keeping this thread on
topic G

Oh yes, of course, I'd forgotten that!

Mary

(remove the spam to reply)