Site next to Canal Midlands

Old February 14th 04, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

Default Site next to Canal Midlands

Hi

We're looking for a site which is on , or very near a canal in the
Gloucestershire, Worcestershire or Warwickshire areas

We'll be looking to spend a few days cycling the tow paths

Has anyone any recommendations for a site please?

MTIA

Old February 15th 04, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:57:44 -0000, "Ian"
wrote:

| Hi
|
| We're looking for a site which is on , or very near a canal in the
| Gloucestershire, Worcestershire or Warwickshire areas
|
| We'll be looking to spend a few days cycling the tow paths
|
| Has anyone any recommendations for a site please?

Camping and Caravanning Club site Wolverley.
Next to canal, with pub.
Nice site, built on old ?army? site, so it has level pitches.

Dave F

Old February 15th 04, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

| We're looking for a site which is on , or very near a canal in the
| Gloucestershire, Worcestershire or Warwickshire areas

| Has anyone any recommendations for a site please?

Camping and Caravanning Club site Wolverley.
Next to canal, with pub.
Nice site, built on old ?army? site, so it has level pitches.

Thanks Dave,

Forgot to say , we're going next week , so needs to be open at this time of
year

5 Van sites etc would be just as good

Ian

Old February 15th 04, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Murphy

Drsaytom manor park? - need to cross the mai road though.

Wolverley is excellent - access to Kinver in one direction, Kidder town
centre (and SVR ) in the other, real ale at pub (can walk in 5 mins, or 10
if you are on the wrong side of the site!

Old February 15th 04, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Claire Garston

"Ian" wrote in message
Hi

We're looking for a site which is on , or very near a canal in the
Gloucestershire, Worcestershire or Warwickshire areas

We'll be looking to spend a few days cycling the tow paths

Has anyone any recommendations for a site please?

MTIA

Dear Ian
Try Tudor Caravan Park in Slimbridge, Gloucestershire.
http://www.tudorcaravanpark.co.uk/
Easy to get to, loads to do nearby, good pub close by.
Claire

Old February 16th 04, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Murphy

Forgot to mention - along the canal gloucester in one direction (about 11
miles) and of course Sharpness the other way. Frampton on severn is a short
distance away with good pubs, lots of nice flat lanes to cycle around, as
long as the Severn has not flooded!