Anyone renewed a SAGA Caravan Insurance policy recently?

Old February 15th 04, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Default Anyone renewed a SAGA Caravan Insurance policy recently?

When I renewed my SAGA caravan policy last year, there was a note relating
to keeping annual service records and saying that, as from the next renewal,
this would be a necessary condition.

The wording was slightly ambiguous as to whether it applied to *all*
caravans, or only to those over 20 years old. I service my own van and thus
don't have "official looking" records. My van is 13 years old, and the
policy will be due for renewal in a few weeks time.

Can anyone who has renewed (or has been invited to renew) a policy recently
please tell me what wording is being used this year concerning the keeping
of service records.

Many thanks.

--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old February 15th 04, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:16:36 -0000, "Hitch Lock"
wrote:

When I renewed my SAGA caravan policy last year, there was a note relating
to keeping annual service records and saying that, as from the next renewal,
this would be a necessary condition.

The wording was slightly ambiguous as to whether it applied to *all*
caravans, or only to those over 20 years old. I service my own van and thus
don't have "official looking" records. My van is 13 years old, and the
policy will be due for renewal in a few weeks time.

Can anyone who has renewed (or has been invited to renew) a policy recently
please tell me what wording is being used this year concerning the keeping
of service records.

I would suggest asking them if taking photographs of you doing it
yourself is an adequate service record.

No problems like this from the CC insurance which uses the same
underwriters.

(remove the spam to reply)