Dented awning rail!

Old February 18th 04, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike R

Default Dented awning rail!

Does anyone know how to remove a dent from the rail - without damaging the
rail ? Is there a special tool?

Thanks

Mike R

Old February 18th 04, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
g thomson

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:11:10 -0000, "Mike R"
wrote:

Does anyone know how to remove a dent from the rail - without damaging the
rail ? Is there a special tool?

Thanks

Mike R

Towsure sell an Awning Rail Spreader Cat no A268 which is
"specially designed to remove bumbs and blockages in awning rails"

http://www.towsure.co.uk/

Gordon
Old February 18th 04, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike R

wrote:

Does anyone know how to remove a dent from the rail - without damaging

the
rail ? Is there a special tool?

Thanks

Mike R

Towsure sell an Awning Rail Spreader Cat no A268 which is
"specially designed to remove bumbs and blockages in awning rails"

http://www.towsure.co.uk/

Gordon

Thanks Gordon - now ordered

Old February 18th 04, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:08:00 -0000, "Mike R" wrote:

| "g thomson" wrote in message
| On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:11:10 -0000, "Mike R"
| wrote:
|

| Does anyone know how to remove a dent from the rail - without damaging
| the
| rail ? Is there a special tool?
|
| Thanks
|
| Mike R
|

| Towsure sell an Awning Rail Spreader Cat no A268 which is
| "specially designed to remove bumbs and blockages in awning rails"
|
| http://www.towsure.co.uk/
|

| Gordon
|
| Thanks Gordon - now ordered

Use with extreme care! Tap *very* gently and do not open more than
absolutely necessary.
Awning rails are made of aluminium allow which IME is more likely to break
than bend.

Dave F

Old February 18th 04, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike R

wrote:

| "g thomson" wrote in message
| On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:11:10 -0000, "Mike R"
| wrote:
|

| Does anyone know how to remove a dent from the rail - without

damaging
| the
| rail ? Is there a special tool?
|
| Thanks
|
| Mike R
|

| Towsure sell an Awning Rail Spreader Cat no A268 which is
| "specially designed to remove bumbs and blockages in awning rails"
|
| http://www.towsure.co.uk/
|

| Gordon
|
| Thanks Gordon - now ordered

Use with extreme care! Tap *very* gently and do not open more than
absolutely necessary.
Awning rails are made of aluminium allow which IME is more likely to break
than bend.

Dave F

Thanks Dave, I dont think I could bugger it up more than I have done
already!!. I tried to use pliers and scratched the rail as well, I might
just be forced to go a by an new rail :-( if I cant take the dent out
without doing anymore damage AND take the burs of I created with the pliers.
I think this could be an expensive mistake.