Reich Motor mover what price

Old February 20th 04, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

Default Reich Motor mover what price

I was quoted at NEC Birmingham 930 fitted by Reich and 945 by Truma
I noticed that all the models from both companies used the moter from the
same manufacurer. Anyone know where I can get them cheaper?
It looks a job one can do ones self anyone done it any pitfalls?
MikeS

Old February 21st 04, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
andy

In message , Mike
muttered:
I was quoted at NEC Birmingham 930 fitted by Reich and 945 by Truma
I noticed that all the models from both companies used the moter from the
same manufacurer. Anyone know where I can get them cheaper?
It looks a job one can do ones self anyone done it any pitfalls?
MikeS

Check this out:

http://tinyurl.com/ytnfo

This photo album belongs to a poster from this newsgroup called 'doc',
it contains a few photos of his self fitted Reich. He's fitted it
himself, and I know a few other who have - all in their ~60's (sorry doc
- if you read this!).

Doc has also written some instructions about how to do it, which I've
taken the liberty of emailing to you - so check your mail.

If you check he

http://tinyurl.com/2ow8q

You'll find a bunch of posts by doc about Reich movers, I'm sure one has
the price he payed (about 750 as I recall).

Hope this helps!
--
Andy

Old February 21st 04, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

"andy" wrote in message
In message , Mike
muttered:
[...]

Thanks Andy and Doc of course.
MikeS

Old February 21st 04, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:16:17 GMT, "Mike"
wrote:

I was quoted at NEC Birmingham 930 fitted by Reich and 945 by Truma
I noticed that all the models from both companies used the moter from the
same manufacurer. Anyone know where I can get them cheaper?

Mike
I recently did the research on the various makes and plumped for the
Powrwheel - http://www.powrwheel.com/powrwheel/index.html - and I
can't recommend the company enough. Small enough to care was the main
reason I went with them. The fitter was a caravanner - and when I had
a very small problem, they sent the replacement part, no questions
asked next day. The fitter was coming out again the day after but I
fitted the part myself. On top of that, it was cheaper than the rest
and they did a cool 6 months interest free option.....
5 year guarantee on top - worth a look...
Kind regards
Si
PS - I have no connection with them other than being a very satisfied
customer....

http://www.thehawthornes.org
Old February 21st 04, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:54:27 +0000, Simon Hawthorne
wrote:

PS - I have no connection with them other than being a very satisfied
customer....

Sorry to reply to my own past - but this page says it all....

http://www.powrwheel.com/powrwheel/say/say.html -

http://www.thehawthornes.org
Old February 22nd 04, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Glynn

"andy" wrote in message
In message , Mike
muttered:
[...]

Are you sure those prices are correct, dont you mean 830 and 845
respectively?

---

Old February 22nd 04, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

"Stephen Glynn" wrote in message

"andy" wrote in message
In message , Mike
muttered:
[...]

No Stephen I've just checked with the quotes given Reich 930 fitted Truma

945 for caravan with shocks
MikeS