Extending Caravans

Old February 21st 04, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
paul

Default Extending Caravans

Does anyone know where I could find a web site which features American
Caravans (not motorhomes). Know someone who is buying one from America and
shipping over to this country. Apparently its 28 feet long, and the
bedrooms extend outwards. Don't know what they are called. Thanks in
Advance.

Old February 21st 04, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"paul" wrote in
:

Does anyone know where I could find a web site which features American
Caravans (not motorhomes). Know someone who is buying one from
America and shipping over to this country. Apparently its 28 feet
long, and the bedrooms extend outwards. Don't know what they are
called. Thanks in Advance.

I know one guy who's selling a Frontier that goes from 25ft to 28ft when
the bedroom is extended. You can see his advert from December at
http://www.findit.co.uk/caravan/caravans/984985.htm

He used to import these travel-trailers to order -- I don't know if he
still does because I can't access his old web-site.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
Old February 22nd 04, 01:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Funkyman

"paul" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I could find a web site which features American
Caravans (not motorhomes). Know someone who is buying one from America

and
shipping over to this country. Apparently its 28 feet long, and the
bedrooms extend outwards. Don't know what they are called. Thanks in
Advance.

I'm sure you will probably be able to obtain them in the UK, I have seen
enough of them at fairs and shows.
As well as triple axle tourers.

Dave

Old February 22nd 04, 06:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 23:17:53 -0000, "paul"
wrote:

| Does anyone know where I could find a web site which features American
| Caravans (not motorhomes). Know someone who is buying one from America and
| shipping over to this country. Apparently its 28 feet long, and the
| bedrooms extend outwards. Don't know what they are called. Thanks in
| Advance.

There is one at the NEC show which closes *TODAY*, not sure which stand.

Beware of the UK towing regulations.

Dave F

Old February 22nd 04, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

Why import when they can be purchased over here. Did you not watch the series on
Caravanning on Men & Motors? They showed a British made extending van using a
fifth wheel attachment.

Cheers, Peter.