Mr Muscle foaming drain cleaner

Old February 22nd 04, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Phil

Default Mr Muscle foaming drain cleaner

Has anyone used Mr Muscle foaming drain cleaner?

Does it damage the smooth or corrugated plastic used for drains?

Phil

Old February 22nd 04, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:16:08 GMT, Phil wrote:

| Has anyone used Mr Muscle foaming drain cleaner?

Wouldn't dare. Lots of *Boiling* water works for me.

Dave F

Old February 22nd 04, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Phil posted ...

Has anyone used Mr Muscle foaming drain cleaner?

Nope ..

Does it damage the smooth or corrugated plastic used for drains?

Dunno about damaging the plastic, but I reckon it'd be too much pressure for
the mostly push-fit and jubilee clip joints of a caravan water syatem.

Warm water and Milton is a better cleaner .. Jeyes Fluid if they're _really_
****ty ..

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks ..

Old February 22nd 04, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian D

wrote:

Has anyone used Mr Muscle foaming drain cleaner?

Does it damage the smooth or corrugated plastic used for drains?

I've used it, or at least something very similar, can't remember now,
and it caused no observable damage whatsoever - not to say that it
wouldn't shorten the useable life of the pipes though.
I simply stopped up the waste outlets with a couple of corks, poured
the cleaner down the plug holes and waited a while before removing the
corks and flushing the system.
Worked just fine.

Cheers
Ian D
Old February 22nd 04, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
wemfish

I too have used it without problems. I first used it on an old caravan I
bought second hand, the sinks stank and the pipes were virtually blocked
with old grease and hair. . . yuck!! Mr muscle soon fixed it though :-)

Old February 22nd 04, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Al Stevenson

I would have thought that the type that BLASTS its way through the
blockage may cause problems and probably burst the seams,

Unless the cleaner co9ntains something that dissolves or weakens plastic
then I would have thought there would be no problem

In message , wemfish
writes
I too have used it without problems. I first used it on an old caravan I
bought second hand, the sinks stank and the pipes were virtually blocked
with old grease and hair. . . yuck!! Mr muscle soon fixed it though :-)

.. .
wrote:

Has anyone used Mr Muscle foaming drain cleaner?

Does it damage the smooth or corrugated plastic used for drains?

I've used it, or at least something very similar, can't remember now,
and it caused no observable damage whatsoever - not to say that it
wouldn't shorten the useable life of the pipes though.
I simply stopped up the waste outlets with a couple of corks, poured
the cleaner down the plug holes and waited a while before removing the
corks and flushing the system.
Worked just fine.

Cheers
Ian D

--
Al Stevenson
Remove .SPAMTRAP to reply.
Old February 22nd 04, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

wemfish posted ...

I too have used it without problems. I first used it on an old
caravan I bought second hand, the sinks stank and the pipes were
virtually blocked with old grease and hair. . . yuck!! Mr muscle
soon fixed it though :-)

Did you use the 'foaming' cleaner though ? I reckon it'd strain the
connectors. I've not used it, just a thought ..

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks ..

Old February 24th 04, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
wemfish

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
wemfish posted ...

I too have used it without problems. I first used it on an old
caravan I bought second hand, the sinks stank and the pipes were
virtually blocked with old grease and hair. . . yuck!! Mr muscle
soon fixed it though :-)

Did you use the 'foaming' cleaner though ? I reckon it'd strain the
connectors. I've not used it, just a thought ..

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks ..

Yes, the foaming cleaner. there is no pressure build-up, the foam just comes
out the end. (don't block the ends!) I can't see it damaging the pipes, most
house pipes are plastic and push together, in the caravan there are jubilee
clips to hold the pipes on so they are probably stronger than domestic
plumbing!!

Old February 24th 04, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

wemfish posted ...

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
wemfish posted ...

I too have used it without problems. I first used it on an old
caravan I bought second hand, the sinks stank and the pipes were
virtually blocked with old grease and hair. . . yuck!! Mr muscle
soon fixed it though :-)

Did you use the 'foaming' cleaner though ? I reckon it'd strain the
connectors. I've not used it, just a thought ..

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks ..

Yes, the foaming cleaner. there is no pressure build-up, the foam
just comes out the end. (don't block the ends!) I can't see it
damaging the pipes, most house pipes are plastic and push together,
in the caravan there are jubilee clips to hold the pipes on so they
are probably stronger than domestic plumbing!!

Heheheh, fair comment ..

Thanks.

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks ..

Old February 24th 04, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian D

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:15:30 -0000, "wemfish" wemfish AT
tiscali.co.uk wrote:

Yes, the foaming cleaner. there is no pressure build-up, the foam just comes
out the end. (don't block the ends!)

I agree that the pipework should not be completely sealed, but there's
nothing wrong with blocking the outlets - unless you want to clean the
ground outside the van of course. Just make sure that the sink waste
plugs are left off. Even this shouldn't really be a problem though. It
would take minimal pressure to force these off in the event that the
pipework became pressurised, much lower pressure than that needed to
damage the pipes themselves I'd have thought.

I can't see it damaging the pipes, most
house pipes are plastic and push together, in the caravan there are jubilee
clips to hold the pipes on so they are probably stronger than domestic
plumbing!!

The pipes themselves are probably not as strong in a van, even though
the connections are more secure.
But I've used the foaming cleaner in a van, and there wasn't a trace
of damage. My only concern might be the invisible changes due to
chemical action, but I can't see that the product would be available
if that was a possibility - at least not without pretty prominent
warnings on the bottle as to the type of plastic it was suitable for
use on.

Cheers
Ian D