Switzerland - Motorway Permit

Old February 22nd 04, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris Hatcher

Default Switzerland - Motorway Permit

I know I need a permit to use Swiss motorways but where do I get one? At
the border or in advance?

Chris

Old February 22nd 04, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Taylor

t the border, just drive up and you will be requested to pay

Old February 22nd 04, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
klyne

--
"Chris Hatcher" wrote in message
I know I need a permit to use Swiss motorways but where do I get one? At
the border or in advance?

Chris

You used to be able to buy them at the Swiss Travel Centre in Leicester
Square. Last time I purchased one was over ten years ago. If you head into
Switzerland at Basle I think you might find the border guards direct you to
where you can buy a vignette!

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old February 22nd 04, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Al Stevenson

In message , klyne
writes

If I remember right you will need to buy 2 - one for the car and one for
the caravan!
--
Al Stevenson
Remove .SPAMTRAP to reply.
Old February 22nd 04, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:41:29 -0000, "Chris Hatcher"
wrote:

I know I need a permit to use Swiss motorways but where do I get one? At
the border or in advance?

If crossing into Switzerland on a a motorway you _will_ be pulled over
at the border crossing ( you will not be alone!) and directed towards
a payment booth.
Old February 22nd 04, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Douglas

"Chris Hatcher" wrote in message
I know I need a permit to use Swiss motorways but where do I get one? At
the border or in advance?

Chris

I asked at the border (minor, non-motorway crossing), and the border guards
issued one against credit card.

Reputed to be easy and quick at all crossings

Bob

--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00