New Reich twin axle motor mover

Old February 24th 04, 06:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Phil

Default New Reich twin axle motor mover

I couldn't get to the NEC last week - did anyone go and see the new mover
from Reich - they were promoting the fact that they had a revolutionary new
design for twin axled vans? I'd welcome any comments please as I would like
to buy one for my new twin axle Lunar.
Thanks in anticipation
Phil T

Old February 24th 04, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

"Phil" wrote in message
I couldn't get to the NEC last week - did anyone go and see the new mover
from Reich - they were promoting the fact that they had a revolutionary

new
design for twin axled vans? I'd welcome any comments please as I would

like
to buy one for my new twin axle Lunar.
Thanks in anticipation
Phil T

Hi Phil,

I went there last week, see my post 20/02/04, to look at Reich Movers. they
have two types of mover :- The Standard move control mark 2 this has a lever
to engage the roller but it has to be used on both sides of van to engage
the rollers individually and move control mark two Comfort this can be
engaged for ether side and one can use a cordless screw driver or a brace to
wind the roller onto the tyre. I did not see any information of a
revolutionary design but the Reich is very good and the motors are inboard
so are away from spray that come up from the wheels. It is not as simple a
design as most others but it looks as easy to fit. Truma on the other hand
have two movers one for none shock absorber and one shock absorber axle
which is more expensive that its single axle sister and more expensive that
Reich. prices Reich 930 comfort fitted Truma 895 without shockers 945
with shockers fitted.
I cannot say that I will never purchase a caravan with shock absorbers and
bearing mind you can take the mover and fit it onto any new caravan you
subiquently get. I will get the Reich but shop around and get a discount. I
dont think the shows give much discount these days as there is a show
somewhere in the counry every month,so what is so special about a show?!

MikeS

Old February 24th 04, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Glynn

"Mike" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message
[...]

MikeS, Simon Hawthorne contacted me and looking at the powertouch
http://www.powrwheel.com/powrwheel/say/say.html he had fitted I'm going for
that. Its about the same price as the Truma and Reich but is slightly higher
from the ground than the Truma and has the soft-start like the Reich, but
the big plus is the 5 year guarantee and they said they will price match
either of the other two.

---

Old February 24th 04, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

"Stephen Glynn" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message
[...]

snip Thanks for the info Stephen,

I got in touch with Powertouch that what the mover that fits under the van
is caled and they want 980 fitted and 910 diy as you can se a bit dearer
than the others haveing said that 've just phoned Reight UK and they have
quoted a price of 1034 fitted and 890 diy a bit different to the price
quoted at the NEC!

Old February 25th 04, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Glynn

"Mike" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message
[...]

And a much better product with a '5 year guarantee'!

---

Old February 26th 04, 05:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ken Fraser

I went to decide which mover to buy. All 3 seemed much the same, but I was
impressed with the soft start of the Reich, plus they were the most helpful
(better salesman?).
The fact that the Reich could be fitted onto any van we change to in the
future swung it for us, so that's what we ordered.
Can't wait now for our new Ranger - delivery in April!