New Reich twin axle motor mover - An Update

Old February 25th 04, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Phil

Default New Reich twin axle motor mover - An Update

"Phil" wrote in message
I couldn't get to the NEC last week - did anyone go and see the new mover
from Reich - they were promoting the fact that they had a revolutionary

new
design for twin axled vans? I'd welcome any comments please as I would

like
to buy one for my new twin axle Lunar.
Thanks in anticipation
Phil T

Update:

I spoke to a man at Reich today - tells me that the actual unit was not at
the NEC - but that there was a DVD shown - involves a separate set of two
wheels which jack down raising the two wheels each side off the ground - so
that it effectively becomes a single axle to spin - sounds very bizarre!
Would need considerable jacking up - and what sort of ground clearance/
performance on rough/wet ground? Any thoughts?

Phil

Old February 25th 04, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Digital

"Phil" wrote in message
"Phil" wrote in message
[...]

so what's the difference between that idea and the usual method of winding
down the jockey wheel to lift the forward axle clear of the ground? Does
this mean that a normal (cheaper) Reich mover can be fitted, and the jockey
wheel procedure carried out?

---

Old February 26th 04, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Phil

[...]

Is that something you have achieved - I would think that the front would
need to be jacked up so high the clearance at the back would be minimal?
I am not sure which to go for - is the "shuffling" multipoint turn necessary
with a mover on a twin axle much of a problem?
Phil

Old February 26th 04, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Digital

"Phil" wrote in message

[...]

sorry, no. I've never owned a twin. I have often thought about buying one,
but the difficulty in manoeuvring them puts me off. The jockey wheel method
that I described is successfully used by others (see Google) so it's
obviously possible to lift the front axle clear in that way. Al the Reich
seems to be is a fancier version of that trick.