help with caravan movers

Old February 26th 04, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
cc.bailey

Default help with caravan movers

I want to get a caravan mover (with remote) for my compass 524 van. Can
anyone suggest which one I should go for and why and also does anyone know
any good links to sites that sell them.

Thanks in advance

Chris Bailey

Old February 27th 04, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Glynn

"cc.bailey" wrote in message
I want to get a caravan mover (with remote) for my compass 524 van. Can
anyone suggest which one I should go for and why and also does anyone know
any good links to sites that sell them.

Thanks in advance

Chris Bailey

I've studied all three so far and have come to the conclusion that the
Powertouch http://www.powrwheel.com/powrwheel/range/range.html from
Powerwheel ltd provides the best value for money. It combines the best
features of the other two main well known makes from Truma
http://www.trumauk.com/ and Reich http://www1.reich-web.com/index.html but
the Powertouch has the addition of a 5 year no quibble guarantee. They all
have there own fitters that will come out and fit it to your caravan on
site, although most caravan dealers fit the Truma or Reich but the
Powertouch seems to be only fitted by one of there service engineers or can
be sold as a DIY kit. When I called Powertouch they said they would
pricematch either Truma or Reich.
Steve.

---

Old February 28th 04, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:14:25 +0000 (UTC), "Stephen Glynn"
wrote:

Can
anyone suggest which one I should go for and why

Hi Chris
Like Steve, I did the research and then plumped for the Powrwheel -
their 5 year no quibble warranty seems superb, and I feel they are a
smaller company than some of the others - and after my initial contact
with them, felt they were more knowledgeable and interested in my
order. Had it fitted some weeks ago - had a small problem which was
sorted out very quicly - I would have no hesitation in recommending
them..
Si