Parking caravan at house

Old February 27th 04, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
rob.smith4

Default Parking caravan at house

I was going to park my caravan outside my house but heard this was illegal
is this true,new to caravaning

Old February 27th 04, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:45:58 -0000, "rob.smith4"
wrote:

| I was going to park my caravan outside my house but heard this was illegal
| is this true,new to caravaning

According to the *planning* regulations you are allowed 1 caravan per
house. There may however be a covenent on your house if it is on a new
estate. Check your deeds. Do not take *anybodys* word for it.

Dave F

Old February 27th 04, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GRAHAM WELBURN

rob.smith4 wrote:
I was going to park my caravan outside my house but heard this was
illegal is this true,new to caravaning

Usually, and I stress, usually, if you can get the caravan parked behind the
building line (ie. down the side of, or to the rear of your house) you will
be OK.
Unless of course, as Dave said, there is a covenant prohibitting it.

Regards, Graham

Old February 27th 04, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
rob.smith4

rob.smith4 wrote in message
news:77N%[email protected]
I was going to park my caravan outside my house but heard this was illegal
is this true,new to caravaning

Ok thanks I take it you are not allowed to park it on the street at all.

Old February 27th 04, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:15:37 -0000, "GRAHAM WELBURN"
wrote:

| rob.smith4 wrote:
| I was going to park my caravan outside my house but heard this was
| illegal is this true,new to caravaning
|
| Usually, and I stress, usually, if you can get the caravan parked behind the
| building line (ie. down the side of, or to the rear of your house) you will
| be OK.
| Unless of course, as Dave said, there is a covenant prohibitting it.

Mine is in front of the building line. The Planning poeple made nasty
noises when I let someone sleep in it for a few weeks, (called it a
residential caravan) They said nothing about building lines.

Dave F

Old February 27th 04, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

I was going to park my caravan outside my house but heard this was illegal
is this true,new to caravaning

In short no but..............

It depends upon your situation but there is never anything illegal
about having your caravan on your property, providing it is not used
as a room except for ocasional use, any problem is in the province of
the civil courts. What does cause problems are houses where the
planning laws do not allow the parking of caravans in front of the
building line ( if they do it will be in your deeds ) or if there is a
restrictive covenant concerning the parking of caravans on the
property ( again it will be in your deeds if there are). However,
should you choose to ignore either of these then you are merely in
breach of contract and anyone who wishes to enforce either the
planning restiction or the restrictive covenant must ask you to remove
it before any action in a civil court can be taken. The planning
authority are the only people who can actually enforce the planning
rules and only people who are party to the restrictive covenant are
able to enforce that.
If you are in rented property your landlord has absolute say in
whether you can place a caravan on your property,

(remove the spam to reply)
Old February 28th 04, 12:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JC

As long as it's attached to a street legal car I believe that would ok.

news:77N%[email protected]