Parking caravan at home

Old February 27th 04, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
rob.smith4

Default Parking caravan at home

Thanks for reply to other post,I take it I can't park the caravan on the
road outside my house at all,is this a big no no.

Old February 27th 04, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:50:54 -0000, "rob.smith4"
wrote:

Thanks for reply to other post,I take it I can't park the caravan on the
road outside my house at all,is this a big no no.

It is a vehicle and so may be parked on the road, but you may be
required to display front and rear lights.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old February 27th 04, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
john

"bill It is a vehicle and so may be parked on the road, but you may be
required to display front and rear lights.

Unfortunately, a caravan is not legally classed as a vehicle as it has no
engine or other means of propulsion. This is why they are not subject to
road tax, mot etc.

I think you will find that virtually every local authority prohibits the
parking of caravans on the public road for a period longer than that deemed
necessary for loading (how long is a piece of string?). However. it
generally depends whether someone complains about it e.g. a neighbour of
mine has had a van on the road outside his house for 18 months but when I
had one outside for 3 months on and off, someone complained and my Local
Authority put a notice on it for me to remove it.

In short it depends on your neighbours and your local authority.

Old February 28th 04, 06:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:50:55 +0000, bill lord
wrote:

| On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:50:54 -0000, "rob.smith4"
| wrote:
|
| Thanks for reply to other post,I take it I can't park the caravan on the
| road outside my house at all,is this a big no no.
|

| It is a vehicle and so may be parked on the road, but you may be
| required to display front and rear lights.

Until the local plod collects evidence that it is an obstruction, then they
will complain.

Dave F

Old February 28th 04, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

I have a friend who has for many years parked his caravan in the street car
park opposite his house. Over the last 2 years a neighbour has objected and
called in the police. The caravan is still being parked there but he has
had a window broken twice.

news:45O%[email protected]

Old February 28th 04, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
HN

wrote:

Thanks for reply to other post,I take it I can't park the caravan on the
road outside my house at all,is this a big no no.

It may not be strictly legal but there is at least one caravan in my
home town which is kept parked in the street(a residential cul-de-sac)
and has been so for years.

I suppose you can try it until someone with authority tells you to
remove it. Just have somewhere to take it when/if it happens. ;o)

Neil