Caravan Valuation Book ??

Old February 27th 04, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JC

Default Caravan Valuation Book ??

Would anyone know of a caravan valuation book along the lines of Glasse's
guide.
I have noticed that most dealers base there selling price on the age of the
caravan.

TIA JC

Old February 28th 04, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"JC" wrote in message
Would anyone know of a caravan valuation book along the lines of Glasse's
guide.
I have noticed that most dealers base there selling price on the age of

the
caravan.

Glasses Guide produces a book, similar to the car valuation directory.

DaveK.

Old February 28th 04, 12:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JC

Congratulations Dave, for world record response time to my query!!!
Glasses Guide produces a book, similar to the car valuation directory

GREAT I will have to ask my friendly caravan dealer if he would like to
pass on an out dated copy to me.
No I'm not kidding I really will ask.

Thanks JC

Sorry for top posting let me know if it annoys you

Old February 28th 04, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Glasses Guide produces a book, similar to the car valuation directory

GREAT I will have to ask my friendly caravan dealer if he would like to
pass on an out dated copy to me.
No I'm not kidding I really will ask.

My local dealer is quite happy to give me the inf. Many wouldn't I guess.
AutoTrader website does caravans as well as cars. Gives you a good idea of
what they're worth.
DaveK.

Old February 28th 04, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

JC wrote:

Would anyone know of a caravan valuation book along the lines of
Glasse's guide.
I have noticed that most dealers base there selling price on the age
of the caravan.

TIA JC

AIUI, there is an *actual* Glass's Guide for caravans.

One way to find out what it says about a particular model and age is to ring
up a caravan insurer - posing as a customer who wants to insure said van -
and ask for a recommendation on what insured value to use. If you're lucky,
they'll consult the Guide and tell you the figure.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock