Swift Corniche-Which tyres?

Old February 28th 04, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob

Default Swift Corniche-Which tyres?

Hi
We've just aquired this to see how we get along with caravanning but
all three wheels (spare being one) have differant tyres fitted. Does
anyone know or can point be in the direction of a relaible source
please. I think it's an 1987 5 berth.
Regards
Bob
Old February 29th 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Murphy

emaol Swift, or have a look around your local dealer. "1st caravn I bought,
I noticed it leaned to one side when towing - 145 tyre on one side, 155 on
the other. 155 was the right size, 145 was on the side where the door was -
a ntaural one to look at when finding out what size of spare to get ...

anyone want a 145x13 trye?

om...

Old March 1st 04, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Des

Could it have been Bob who typed:

Snip||
|| All the tyres are at least the same size, 175R13. It was this load
|| index which having never come accross before confused me. Since my
|| caravan I think is 1100Kg? maybe more when damp, that means I need
|| each tyre to have LI of 88 Never new car tyres were 4 ply so I need
|| 6/8 ply
|| So I want 175R13 88 4ply pumped up to 36psi?
|| But please correct me if I'm wrong!
|| Bob

From the specification for Swift Corniche models owners handbook 1988
12/2 155sr13 33psi
14/2 155sr13 reinforced 39psi
1`4/2e 155sr13 reinforced 39psi
14/4 155sr13 reinforced 39psi
14/4e 155sr13 reinforced 39psi

I can check the 1991 manual when I get over to the my van in storage!
Mine is a danette and the handbook covers all..

Des

---

Old March 2nd 04, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
CaravanParts

The only 1987 5 berth corniche was the 14/4E which had an optional 5th bunk.
The original tyre size was the 165SR x 13 reinforced radial

Regards
Bob