External caravan aerial point.

Old February 29th 04, 06:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Bradbury

Default External caravan aerial point.

I am fitting an A-frame mounted TV aerial to my 'van and remember the
last time I did this I was able to buy one where I could either mount it
to the skirt or on a bracket attached to a convenient bit of floor to
avoid fitting on and then drilling though the bodywork (which I want to
avoid on a new caravan for obvious reasons)

Looking round the dealers and catalogues all I see now is a large unit
which is designed to fit on the bodywork such as the Vision Plus as
advertised.
Does anyone know of a source of the basic aerial lead c/w socket?
--
John Bradbury
Remove NOSPAM to reply

Old February 29th 04, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Bradbury

In message , Neil Cairns
writes
wrote:

I am fitting an A-frame mounted TV aerial to my 'van and remember the
last time I did this I was able to buy one where I could either mount it
to the skirt or on a bracket attached to a convenient bit of floor to
avoid fitting on and then drilling though the bodywork (which I want to
avoid on a new caravan for obvious reasons)

Looking round the dealers and catalogues all I see now is a large unit
which is designed to fit on the bodywork such as the Vision Plus as
advertised.
Does anyone know of a source of the basic aerial lead c/w socket?

Towshure

No already looked there - they only have the type that make you drill
the caravan wall.
--
John Bradbury
Remove NOSPAM to reply

Old February 29th 04, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

John

I drilled the back of the battery box and hanging into the box is a short
length of coaxial - through a rubber grommet - with a connector attached.
Within the van the coaxial is easily hidden to the TV access point (being
mainly under the seats). I have a status aerial but where reception is poor
but the site provides a TV connection I attach the spare cable at the
battery box connection - you could do the same for an external aerial.

Mike