Status Aerial

Old February 29th 04, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ira G Walters

Default Status Aerial

Help please!

I do not seem to have power going into my status aerial (the red LED light
on the control panel is not alight).

This total electrical novice would appreciate any tips/advice to get me
started in trying to find the problem.

Many thanks
Ira

Old February 29th 04, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

"Ira G Walters" wrote in message
Help please!

I do not seem to have power going into my status aerial (the red LED light
on the control panel is not alight).

This total electrical novice would appreciate any tips/advice to get me
started in trying to find the problem.

Many thanks
Ira

There are two internal glass fuses from memory, also the on/off slide switch
could cause problems.

Roy

Old March 1st 04, 02:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gavin Toles

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:47:33 -0000, "Roy" wrote:

"Ira G Walters" wrote in message
Help please!

I do not seem to have power going into my status aerial (the red LED light
on the control panel is not alight).

This total electrical novice would appreciate any tips/advice to get me
started in trying to find the problem.

Many thanks
Ira

There are two internal glass fuses from memory, also the on/off slide switch
could cause problems.

TROLL ALERT!

There are no internal glass fuses on that model!

The symptoms you describe are usually indicative of a totally
unrepairable, or at least *very* costly to repair, internal IC fault.

IMHO, it's beyond repair.

Gavin
Old March 1st 04, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

No model was quoted, if it has two slide switches on/off and hi/lo gain then
there are internal fuses easily accessed by removing cover.
Roy

Old March 1st 04, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ira G Walters

Thanks Roy - yes, it is the model as you described it.

I've checked both fuses as you suggested and both appear to be OK (much to
my disappointment, as I was hoping it would just be a straightforward
fuse(s) change!).

Any other pointers would be gratefully received.

Many thanks
Ira

Old March 1st 04, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

"Ira G Walters" wrote in message
Thanks Roy - yes, it is the model as you described it.

I've checked both fuses as you suggested and both appear to be OK (much to
my disappointment, as I was hoping it would just be a straightforward
fuse(s) change!).

Any other pointers would be gratefully received.

Many thanks
Ira

You will need a voltmeter or test lamp to see if power is reaching the
unit, if it is you will have to dig in your pocket for a replacement! or use
a normal aerial instead. You can make a simple test lamp using a 12v bulb &
2 leads to trace the power - just be carefull not to short cct any
terminals.

Best of luck Roy

Old March 1st 04, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ira G Walters

Thanks for your help Roy - it's over to my technically-minded friend who'll
no doubt offer some light (excuse the pun!).

Thanks again and happy 'vanning

Ira

&

Old March 2nd 04, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

"Ira G Walters" wrote in message

Thanks again and happy 'vanning

Ira