Freeview Boxes

Old February 29th 04, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woll

Default Freeview Boxes

Hello
Tesco's are knocking out freeview boxes for about 60. Are these
any good and will they work with my status aerial?

Thanks

Woll

Old February 29th 04, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

woll posted ...

Hello
Tesco's are knocking out freeview boxes for about 60.
Are these any good and will they work with my status aerial?

Dunno how good they are, but any digi box will work with any aerial capable
of receiving a good enough signal for Digital TV .. which means even some
full-size, cost-a-fortune aerials won't work all the time, or everywhere in
UK.

We get interference at home on BBC channels, but all others are clear
(Goodmans, cheapo Digi box) using a medium price aerial.

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks ..

Old February 29th 04, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:16:38 -0000, "woll" wrote:

| Hello
| Tesco's are knocking out freeview boxes for about 60. Are these
| any good and will they work with my status aerial?

No!

IME you will need a directional aerial, and an amplifier to get freeview,
and then only in good reception areas. The camp sites I like are in the
bottom of valleys, with crap TV reception :-(

If you want to run on 12 V, you have a choice of the Strong 5000T which is
OK, and the Hauppauge Dec1000 which is cr*p.

Dave F
Old February 29th 04, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Woll

Thanks for the advice

Old February 29th 04, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DC

"woll" wrote in message
Hello
Tesco's are knocking out freeview boxes for about 60. Are

these
any good and will they work with my status aerial?

Thanks

Woll

Argos were knoking them out for under 50 and the cheepy I got does
........well sort of

DeeSee

Old March 1st 04, 02:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Brian Ervin

wrote:

Hello
Tesco's are knocking out freeview boxes for about £60. Are these
any good and will they work with my status aerial?

Thanks

Woll

If you're really SO stupid to be asking this question, you should't be
asking it!

Brian
Old March 1st 04, 03:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Clive Hoone

wrote:

Hello
Tesco's are knocking out freeview boxes for about £60. Are these
any good and will they work with my status aerial?

Yes, the freeview boxes that Tesco are selling are considered by many
to be _very_ good value for money, (in fact, snap them up while you
can!), and yes, they are _totally_ compatible with your Status aerial.

Hope this helps.

Clive Hoone.
Old March 1st 04, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Xbase Person \(Please note spammers email address used\)

Status UFO aerials are rubbish - get a real aerial and you should be OK

BTW I use a Pace Twin now a bargain at Argos at 199

Old March 1st 04, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Smith

Hello Wol,

You can use a satellite dish to get freeview and is often more reliable than
an Ariel
Here are some sites for you to look at to get some info

http://www.wotsat.com/
http://www.vowles-home.demon.co.uk/Sat/Sky.htm
http://www.mediabullet.co.uk/tvguide.html
http://www.satcure.co.uk/abook/satcure_catalogue.pdf

You can get sattelite dishes at very good priced from E-Bay
Cheers Alan

Old March 1st 04, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 12:49:37 -0000, "Alan Smith"
wrote:

| Hello Wol,
|
| You can use a satellite dish to get freeview and is often more reliable than
| an Ariel
| Here are some sites for you to look at to get some info
|
| http://www.wotsat.com/
| http://www.vowles-home.demon.co.uk/Sat/Sky.htm
| http://www.mediabullet.co.uk/tvguide.html
| http://www.satcure.co.uk/abook/satcure_catalogue.pdf
|
| You can get sattelite dishes at very good priced from E-Bay
| Cheers Alan

You can *only* get the Freeview selection of channels with a $ky contract
and card. The cards I referred to before have gone off the market. Either
take the $ky card from home and risk the wrath of the ?kids? or have two
cards.

Dave F