Awning poles

Old March 3rd 04, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
NTL World News

Default Awning poles

Hi,
Can anybody help?

Caravan stolen, awning poles stolen, awning not stolen.

I need to find some poles for a Bradcot 990...preferably aluminium....any
suggestions as to where to look will be gratefully received. A new set of
poles, curtains etc will come to 400 plus. I was wondering if there was a
cheaper way.

Thanks in advance
Kevin

Old March 3rd 04, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:29:10 -0000, NTL World News
wrote:

Hi,
Can anybody help?

Caravan stolen, awning poles stolen, awning not stolen.

I need to find some poles for a Bradcot 990...preferably aluminium....any
suggestions as to where to look will be gratefully received. A new set of
poles, curtains etc will come to 400 plus. I was wondering if there was a
cheaper way.

Thanks in advance
Kevin

Buy a new set & claim on either house or caravan insurance it should
only cost you the 50 excess, may cost a bit more on renewal if you
have a no claims discount but its not usually much on these policies.

Lenny
Old March 3rd 04, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Kevin

wrote:

Hi,
Can anybody help?

Caravan stolen, awning poles stolen, awning not stolen.

I need to find some poles for a Bradcot 990...preferably
aluminium....any
suggestions as to where to look will be gratefully received. A new set
of
poles, curtains etc will come to 400 plus. I was wondering if there
was a
cheaper way.

Thanks in advance
Kevin

Buy a new set & claim on either house or caravan insurance it should
only cost you the 50 excess, may cost a bit more on renewal if you
have a no claims discount but its not usually much on these policies.

Lenny

Lenny,

That's what I thought .... the 100 excess on my new for old policy with
Tourer Select turns out to be about 700 when you add their hidden costs
and their refusal to pay out in full. They used to be good but have
recently changed their terms and conditions and I think their underwriters
as well. I wouldn't advise anyone insures with them ... they just look to
see what they can deduct from your claim...and, if you haven't kept ALL
your receipts forget it!!! Apparently its "common knowledge" that we
should keep ALL our receipts.

Beware everybody.

Regards
Kevin