Mattress Overlays

Old March 5th 04, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lee Chadwick

Default Mattress Overlays

We are looking for an overlay for a double bed and are somewhat surprised at
the cost of foam types. Any ideas and recommendations please? Thanks

Old March 5th 04, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tim Pace

I have also been looking into this I presume that its because they are high
density foam and are quite expensive to make compared to normal foam. If
anyone has a good one I too would like a recommendation.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD.

Old March 5th 04, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Margaret

Try a duvet on top of the mattress but underneath you when lying down. You
can get one quite easily and they are light to carry and easy to pack away.
We have used this method for over twenty years caravanning with no problems.
You just have to get a smaller size than you would get to put over the top
i.e. single for a double size etc.
Happy caravanning.
--
Margaret

Old March 5th 04, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TP

"Lee Chadwick" wrote:

We are looking for an overlay for a double bed and are somewhat surprised at
the cost of foam types. Any ideas and recommendations please? Thanks

Try IKEA. They make a range of mattress pad overlays of different
thicknesses and comfort levels. The prices vary widely, but if a thin
overlay is all you need they are quite cheap.

Watch out for IKEA's metric bed sizes that don't relate to UK Imperial
bed sizes, however this probably won't be a problem in a caravan.

Old March 6th 04, 03:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Edd Berresford

Asda do mattress overlays, about 8 for a double, is this what you mean?
Edd