Advice on siting a large caravan

Old March 5th 04, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TP

Default Advice on siting a large caravan

We are experienced motor caravanners who need advice on buying and
siting a large touring caravan. We need a van for frequent (12+
times/year) weekend trips to the north of England plus one or two
holidays a year (1-2 weeks).

The idea is to buy a roomy 5/6 berth used van such as a Hobby and
initially site it for the whole of 2004 on a site in or on the edge of
the Peak District. For 2005 we will move to a different area and site
the van there.

The van will only need to be towed 1, 2 or 3 times a year. We have
access to a powerful towing vehicle.

Low costs are important but a good, well managed site with clean
facilities and electric hook-up is a must. One of the family is a 10
year old boy who would enjoy some activities for kids of his age on or
near the site, but overall a quiter site would suit us better as a
family than a noisy site with lots of facilities for kids.

We'd welcome any advice or suggestions on how best to proceed.
Please bear in mind we have toured in a camper van before, staying a
maximum of 1 wekk in one place, but this kind of year-long approach
would be very new to us.

We'd also be interested in letting the van for the weeks we won't be
using it.

Any and all advice welcome.

Old March 5th 04, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

TP pretended :
Low costs are important but a good, well managed site with clean
facilities and electric hook-up is a must. One of the family is a 10
year old boy who would enjoy some activities for kids of his age on or
near the site, but overall a quiter site would suit us better as a
family than a noisy site with lots of facilities for kids.

We'd welcome any advice or suggestions on how best to proceed.
Please bear in mind we have toured in a camper van before, staying a
maximum of 1 wekk in one place, but this kind of year-long approach
would be very new to us.

Sorry this is a bit vague.....

We used to frequent a farm type site on the edge of a valley called
something close to 'Lathkill Dale'. It was still being developed at
that time and showed great promise for its setting. That might well
suit your purpose.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org

Old March 6th 04, 01:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Leyland

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
: TP pretended :
:: Low costs are important but a good, well managed site with clean
:: facilities and electric hook-up is a must. One of the family is a 10
:: year old boy who would enjoy some activities for kids of his age on
:: or near the site, but overall a quiter site would suit us better as a
:: family than a noisy site with lots of facilities for kids.
::
:: We'd welcome any advice or suggestions on how best to proceed.
:: Please bear in mind we have toured in a camper van before, staying a
:: maximum of 1 wekk in one place, but this kind of year-long approach
:: would be very new to us.
:
: Sorry this is a bit vague.....
:
: We used to frequent a farm type site on the edge of a valley called
: something close to 'Lathkill Dale'. It was still being developed at
: that time and showed great promise for its setting. That might well
: suit your purpose.

FOAD NETKKKOP.
:
: --

--
Steve Leyland
mhm32x16 Smeeter#24 WSD#41

=^MEOW MEOW ARMY^=

Masturbation is to sex as philosophy is to real life.
FREE GIGABYTE!
Gigabyte was arrested in her home town of Mechelen, Belgium on February
14, 2004. Her government will probably make an example out of her
because of what she does. She's a VXer, a "coder". For the lay person,
she codes (writes) virii. That doesn't make her an evil person. She's
never released any of her projects into the wild. In fact, there've
been numerous times that she's submitted her virii to several different
AV (Anti-Virus) firms including, but not limited to Symantec.. The
makers of Norton Anti Virus. Since her arrest she's had her computers
confiscated pending the outcome of the investigation as well as her web
site being taken down : http://3wd.no-ip.org/gigabyte.htm
"Warning to all: Steve Leyland is a trolling **** of the highest order.
Killfile the muppet now and move on. Even the briefest of searches on
his past UseNet posts will reveal the truth. You have been warned.
*plonk*"

bear, uk.rec.motorcycles
"This sig is an abomination of all that is good and right about usenet.
Do the entire world a favor and REMOVE YOURSELF FROM USENET ALTOGETHER,
DUMBASS."

miguel, soc.singles
"must you include your 75847548574893579345 gigabyte sig file in every
****ing post? You're very annoying."

projectile vomit chick, alt.music.ozzy
"I went to the Garden of Love,
And saw what I never had seen;
A Chapel was built in the midst,
Where I used to play on the green.

And the gates of this Chapel were shut
And "Thou shalt not," writ over the door;
So I turned to the Garden of Love
That so many sweet flowers bore.

And I saw it was filled with graves,
And tombstones where flowers should be;
And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars my joys and desires."

William Blake.
"When the Earth has been ravaged and the animals are dying, a tribe of
people from all races, creeds and colours shall put their faith in
deeds, not words, and make the land green again. They shall be known as
Warriors of the Rainbow, protectors of the environment."

Native American prophecy

|\ _.-'~~""'~`'~)
/, ~-,__,,,.'~ ,-;;--''
|,4) ./ ' ; ;/'
'-~~;'@ ( ; ;
_.--'' _.-_..' .;.'
(,_..----''' (,..--''

Meow

Old March 6th 04, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TP

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

TP pretended :
Low costs are important but a good, well managed site with clean
facilities and electric hook-up is a must. One of the family is a 10
year old boy who would enjoy some activities for kids of his age on or
near the site, but overall a quiter site would suit us better as a
family than a noisy site with lots of facilities for kids.

We'd welcome any advice or suggestions on how best to proceed.
Please bear in mind we have toured in a camper van before, staying a
maximum of 1 wekk in one place, but this kind of year-long approach
would be very new to us.

Sorry this is a bit vague.....

We used to frequent a farm type site on the edge of a valley called
something close to 'Lathkill Dale'. It was still being developed at
that time and showed great promise for its setting. That might well
suit your purpose.

Thanks Harry, that's just the sort of site that would suit.

I wondered what anyone thought about the size of van, and the
possibility of gaining some rental income to off-set part of the
expense of siting it long term?

Old March 6th 04, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

on 06/03/2004, TP supposed :
Sorry this is a bit vague.....

We used to frequent a farm type site on the edge of a valley called
something close to 'Lathkill Dale'. It was still being developed at
that time and showed great promise for its setting. That might well
suit your purpose.

Thanks Harry, that's just the sort of site that would suit.

I wondered what anyone thought about the size of van, and the
possibility of gaining some rental income to off-set part of the
expense of siting it long term?

Not sure, but this sounds like the place...

http://www.rowsonhousefarm.com/

Old March 6th 04, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
freeman

"Steve Leyland" wrote in message
FOAD NETKKKOP.

LMAO

I think your sig may be a little long also, if that's what you call it.
I'd call it a pack of ****.

Old March 7th 04, 03:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Leyland

freeman wrote:
: "Steve Leyland" wrote in
: message ...
:: FOAD NETKKKOP.
: LMAO
:

when I want your opinion I will give it to you, ****head.

--
Steve Leyland
mhm32x16 Smeeter#24 WSD#41
flower: three 6 four 9 five 8 eight 9
Alcatroll Labs Inc (bongwater maintenance dept)
http://www.insurgent.org/~alcatroll/

=^MEOW MEOW ARMY^=

Everyone is beautiful if you squint a bit.

'-~~;'@ ( ; ;
_.--'' _.-_..' .;.'
(,_..----''' (,..--''

Meow

Old March 7th 04, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
freeman

**** for brains

projectile vomit chick, alt.music.ozzy
"I went to the Garden of Love,
And saw what I never had seen;
A Chapel was built in the midst,
Where I used to play on the green.

And the gates of this Chapel were shut
And "Thou shalt not," writ over the door;
So I turned to the Garden of Love
That so many sweet flowers bore.

And I saw it was filled with graves,
And tombstones where flowers should be;
And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars my joys and desires."

William Blake.
"When the Earth has been ravaged and the animals are dying, a tribe of
people from all races, creeds and colours shall put their faith in
deeds, not words, and make the land green again. They shall be known as
Warriors of the Rainbow, protectors of the environment."

Native American prophecy

Meow