Older vans and camp sites?

Old April 1st 04, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JB

Default Older vans and camp sites?

Hi all,
A friend has just told me that older vans are not welcome
on some camping sites.
I have just purchased a 1985 Eriba Puck and would like to know
if this is true. I could ring a few but calling loads of them would take
a lots of time. If you folks here can help? It would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks
John.

Old April 1st 04, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

JB posted ...

Hi all,
A friend has just told me that older vans are not welcome
on some camping sites.

I've never been stopped at any caravan park simply because the 'van is old
... and I've never heard of it happening from any reliable sources ..

Our current 'van is 19 years old, and we take it everywhere from Major CC
sites (very occasionally) to fields in the middle of forests and have no
trouble. If any site manager asked us what the age of our 'van was, with a
view to sending us away if the 'van is 'too old', then I wouldn't want to be
on that kind of site anyway ....

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks ..

Old April 1st 04, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Malcolm Turner

Any van at all is welcome at our site. As long as they are a C&CC member.
But I'm sure that no one would turnaway anyone in this day & age.
Regards Malcolm

| Malcolm Turner | Grantley Court |

http://www.grantleycourt.co.uk 0161 905 8520 (O) 07775 942 306 (M) 01691
831937 (E)

in article [email protected], JB at wrote on
1/4/04 12:02 pm:

Old April 1st 04, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"JB" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Hi all,
A friend has just told me that older vans are not welcome
on some camping sites.
I have just purchased a 1985 Eriba Puck and would like to know
if this is true. I could ring a few but calling loads of them would take
a lots of time. If you folks here can help? It would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks
John.

Some friend that is, you sitting their proud of your new purchase then them
telling you that what you've bought is so old and grotty no one will welcome
you anywhere. We had a van we bought when it was 14 years old and sold at
24 years old and never got refused a pitch anywhere in 10 years. Think
about it, would you even want to go anywhere so shallow that they judge you
by the age of your van?

Rgds

Andy R

Old April 1st 04, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:02:40 +0100, "JB" wrote:

| Hi all,
| A friend has just told me that older vans are not welcome
| on some camping sites.
| I have just purchased a 1985 Eriba Puck and would like to know
| if this is true. I could ring a few but calling loads of them would take
| a lots of time. If you folks here can help? It would be much appreciated.

There is a common scam on *static* sites which will not let you pitch
unless the owner gets a cut on the purchase price.

I have never heard of any problems with *touring* caravans such as the
Puck.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Sick and tired of Junk Snail Mail? Register your family
Old April 1st 04, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JB

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:02:40 +0100, "JB" wrote:

| Hi all,
| A friend has just told me that older vans are not welcome
| on some camping sites.
| I have just purchased a 1985 Eriba Puck and would like to know
| if this is true. I could ring a few but calling loads of them would take
| a lots of time. If you folks here can help? It would be much

appreciated.

There is a common scam on *static* sites which will not let you pitch
unless the owner gets a cut on the purchase price.

I have never heard of any problems with *touring* caravans such as the
Puck.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Sick and tired of Junk Snail Mail? Register your family
surname and address with www.mpsonline.org.uk

I have been well and truly had.
My so called friend told me the story this morning and what is today
:-)))))))))
I am a real April Fool.
Thanks for all your input.
Happy Vanning........
John.

Old April 1st 04, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
F1LBY

"JB" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Hi all,
A friend has just told me that older vans are not welcome
on some camping sites.

Hi JB

Well I've towed some real old dogs in the past and have never been refused
entry to any site (private and CC) - in fact I've always been made very
welcome to all sorts of sites - I've been a caravanner since 1993.

Find out more from your friend - i.e. What site is he/she referring to? If
the friend can't tell you this information then it sounds like someone is
talking *****s!

Best Rgds

Phil B

Old April 1st 04, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JB

He sure is........
I am the April Fool :-)
Regards
John.

Old April 1st 04, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul

Whoops....nice one.

Paul

news:[email protected]

Old April 1st 04, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BrianG

At one time I had an old Thompson van, and the only place I ever had any
problems was in Bavaria. The lady owner said they were full. Oh come on
mother said her daughter, we can squeeze them in somewhere, and they did! No
proof that the 'old' caravan was the problem - but that is the conclusion I
came to.