Replies to posts

Old July 4th 03, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy Luckman

Default Replies to posts

In article , Paul Saunders
URL:mailto
Yes, I've noticed that alot of posts are from one-timers, and like you say,
it is a delight when people say thanks. (and agree with your comments -
like this post)!

Yet despite the advice, you still post upside down and leave all the
previous irrelevance trailing in the wake. See if this helps:

AJL Electronics (G6FGO) : Satellite and TV aerial systems

Old July 4th 03, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Travec the Dacian

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 09:53:21 +0100, Andy Luckman
wrote:

Yet despite the advice, you still post upside down and leave all the
previous irrelevance trailing in the wake. See if this helps:

RANT ON
Andy. Without starting a debate about top posting, what's much more
important IMO is Snipping. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE LEARN TO SNIP POSTS ????
PLEASE ! PLEASE ! PLEASE ! Can we please just snip out the repetitive
junk before we begin typing? It's EASY =)

I mean, I can understand why people top-post. It's because hardly
anyone in here snips the message they are replying to. I SIMPLY HATE
having to scroll down through yards of repeated cr*p just to get to
the point.

Jeez, if humanity is so stupid that it can't follow a simple
conversational thread without being reminded of its entire content
every single time something new is added, then I despair.

Travec
RANT OFF
Old July 4th 03, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Travec the Dacian

wrote:

[...]

For example.. this is the WRONG WAY to post. Note that I haven't
snipped a single word from the message I am replying to and you have
had to scroll all the way down here to read this.

Old July 4th 03, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Travec the Dacian

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 12:06:47 +0100, Travec the Dacian
wrote:

For example.. this is the WRONG WAY to post.

... and this is the RIGHT WAY. I have snipped out all the previous
cr&p so you don't have to wade through it all to read this.

See how EASY it is? =)

Travec

PS sorry if I sound boorish