Glossop Caravans = apalling customer service

Old April 1st 04, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
patch

Default Glossop Caravans = apalling customer service

Made the mistake of trying to buy a Trio Awning via Glossop Caravans.
Order placed (and credit card charged) 28th Feb - still no awning by
2nd April despite many 'phone calls and assurances from them that "it
was on it's way".

Promises of 'we'll call you back' never materialise. Promises
regarding delivery not kept. One month on and best part of 1000
lighter they still tried to sting me for a further 15 for a
guaranteed am delivery - needed because of their total failure to
honor previous commitments given.

Buy an awning here only if you have no alternatve - they appear to
have no concept whatsoever of customer care - an arrogant organisation
that, if my experience is anything to go by is best avoided. If I'd
have known then what I know now, I'd not have even considered them as
a supplier!

PMH
Old April 2nd 04, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Eades

"patch" wrote in message
om...
Made the mistake of trying to buy a Trio Awning via Glossop Caravans.
Order placed (and credit card charged) 28th Feb - still no awning by
2nd April despite many 'phone calls and assurances from them that "it
was on it's way".

Promises of 'we'll call you back' never materialise. Promises
regarding delivery not kept. One month on and best part of 1000
lighter they still tried to sting me for a further 15 for a
guaranteed am delivery - needed because of their total failure to
honor previous commitments given.

Buy an awning here only if you have no alternatve - they appear to
have no concept whatsoever of customer care - an arrogant organisation
that, if my experience is anything to go by is best avoided. If I'd
have known then what I know now, I'd not have even considered them as
a supplier!

It's just down the road from me, and I totally agree with you regarding
service, they are also very pricey.

Dave

Old April 2nd 04, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BDD Blunt

I bought my awning from them last year and had the opposite experience.

Very good value and excellent customer service.

om...

Old April 2nd 04, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Lander

I bought my awning from them last year and had the opposite experience.
Very good value and excellent customer service.

posting.google.com...

Made the mistake of trying to buy a Trio Awning via Glossop Caravans.

SNIP
I'd not have even considered them as
a supplier!
PMH

I bought a new van from them last year and had excellent service and
price.
No complaint from me either.

Pete
(Looking north towards the Crooked Spire)
http://www.mountainactivitysection.org.uk

Old April 3rd 04, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler

--
Cheers

"Peter Lander" wrote in message
news:[email protected] .mailgate.org...
I bought my awning from them last year and had the opposite experience.
Very good value and excellent customer service.

posting.google.com...

Made the mistake of trying to buy a Trio Awning via Glossop Caravans.

SNIP
I'd not have even considered them as
a supplier!
PMH

I bought a new van from them last year and had excellent service and
price.
No complaint from me either.

Pete
(Looking north towards the Crooked Spire)
http://www.mountainactivitysection.org.uk

The MD said that he would ring me after I spoke to him about a v serious
complaint Jan 2003. Rang him, ' a letter is on its way' Still waiting. My
local trading standards officer has all my paperwork as I write.

In general I think that with any large firm the quality of service depends
upon the integrity and commitment of the individual rather than the clompany
itself.

Every driver on the road has had to pass a test of competence.... we still
get more than our share of drivers who couldn't care less. 'Twill always be
the same

Smiler

Replies to

smilinsmiler is checked rarely.

Old April 6th 04, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
The Boss

In article ,
says...
[...]

Obviously, you speak as you find. I bought my current 'van from
Glossop's "sister" firm, Oldham Caravans, and found great service and
customer care. Our awning came (secondhand) from Glossop caravans as
part of the deal.
I did visit Glossop caravans some time before buying and they did a
"Towsafe" type check (It was our first 'van) and tried to tell me that
my Volvo 240 would be a poor towcar!
--
regards,
Gaz