Replies to posts

Old July 4th 03, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Default Replies to posts

Paul Saunders deftly scribbled:

It would be nice if people would have a little courtesy to say
'thanks' when they ask for help on a particular subject.
I've replied to 3 posts in the last couple of weeks and only 1 had the
courtesy to reply and say thanks. Is it too much to ask or am I
being a bit over sensitive?

I reckon you're over-sensitive ...

This is Usenet, not a face-to-face, so many people (In my experience) ask a
question and never even see the answer, good or bad, let alone reply to it

When 'regulars' to Usenet and newsgroups ask a question there is invariably
a reply, simply because they know it's a 'remote' medium and a thanks *is*
quite a big thing to receive. Personally, I never *expect* a reply of
thanks when I offer help, but when I *do* get one, it does please me
somewhat ..

--