Caravanning in Portugal

Old June 24th 04, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave

Default Caravanning in Portugal

Has anyone experience of caravanning in portugal I am thinking of doing this
next year. What is the cost of taking the ferry to northern Spain and what
has Portugal to offer, I prefer walking country rather than beaches etc

Thanks

mudlark

Old June 24th 04, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Vanner

We went to Spain two years ago, but the cost of the crossing put us off
going direct! Can't remember the exact amount high season, but it was
extortionate. Instead we took the Portsmouth - Caen route and made a couple
of stops en route to Spain. The money saved on the shorter crossing paid for
these overnight stops in lovely French sites and most of the first week at
our Spanish site. Also, I would far rather see a bit more of France than
spend about 30 hours on a flaming ferry!!

It is easy to plan a route....just look for towns at regular intervals on
your desired route and search the Internet (using Google for example) for
the 'town name' and 'camping'. You could do about three stops en-route to
Portugal I guess, depending on how leisurely you want the trip to be.

Hope this helps

Old June 24th 04, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

In message , Vanner
writes
Also, I would far rather see a bit more of France than
spend about 30 hours on a flaming ferry!!

If you can afford it, and don't get seasick. A ferry beats the drudge
of hundreds of motorway miles any time.

Each to their own...........;-))
--
Bill
Old June 24th 04, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy Batty

"Bill" wrote in message
In message , Vanner
writes
Also, I would far rather see a bit more of France than
spend about 30 hours on a flaming ferry!!

If you can afford it, and don't get seasick. A ferry beats the drudge
of hundreds of motorway miles any time.

Each to their own...........;-))
--
Bill

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you might want to change your mind now. Theres bound to be
a backlash to all the **** poor losers out there.
Gary

Old June 25th 04, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

In message [email protected], Roy Batty
writes

"Bill" wrote in message
In message , Vanner
writes
Also, I would far rather see a bit more of France than
spend about 30 hours on a flaming ferry!!

If you can afford it, and don't get seasick. A ferry beats the drudge
of hundreds of motorway miles any time.

Each to their own...........;-))
--
Bill

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you might want to change your mind now. Theres bound to be
a backlash to all the **** poor losers out there.
Gary

Nah changing nothing, money and fear of being sea sick, or the anxiety
of having nothing to "do", are the prime reasons for antipathy towards
ferries.

Actually for couples the cash difference is minimal, though appreciate
that for families it can make a difference. Other than that, why drone
on for hundreds of tedious miles on a motorway? Paying out for fuel,
wearing the car out, concentrating and getting knackered, when you can
relax in comfort on a ship, with a nice meal, a few drinks and a good
snooze. Get up next morning, refreshed with all those miles south taken
care of and get on your way to your holiday.

Touring for it's own sake, which we do regularly, is a different
matter, naturally.

--
Bill
Old June 27th 04, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave

Thanks for the advice but have been to Purtugal what is the country like, I
have been to Jura - Burgandy - Auverne and enjoyed these locations, how
does potugal compare.