alt.rec.motorcaravans

Old June 26th 04, 01:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

Default alt.rec.motorcaravans

Hello, I have a book in my head and want to write it while travelling
around the country (and maybe Europe) in a Motor Home. The lease is
up on my flat soon and it seemed that the time was right.

However, I have run up against the beaurocrates who say I must
register the vehicle at a "proper" address or "C/O" an adress where
someone has agreed for me to do so. They will not accept an
Accomodation Address (where I will have paid for a service and the
provider is under an obligation to forward my mail) but will accept
some guy I met in a pub who says it's OK to use his place (I may never
recieve a thing).

I have no family and my acquaintances are casual. Any suggestions
would be greatfully received.
Old June 26th 04, 06:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
MikeS

"John" wrote in message
om...
Hello, I have a book in my head and want to write it while travelling
around the country (and maybe Europe) in a Motor Home. The lease is
up on my flat soon and it seemed that the time was right.

However, I have run up against the beaurocrates who say I must
register the vehicle at a "proper" address or "C/O" an adress where
someone has agreed for me to do so. They will not accept an
Accomodation Address (where I will have paid for a service and the
provider is under an obligation to forward my mail) but will accept
some guy I met in a pub who says it's OK to use his place (I may never
recieve a thing).

I have no family and my acquaintances are casual. Any suggestions
would be greatfully received.

John,
Why not use a PO box and you can collect mail form that, I'm not sure about
forwarding though. Also what about asking a friend to forward in exchang for
a crate of wine. A friend forwarding seems a bit more creative than a casual
acquaintance in pub. You may have a title for your book :- Down and out in a
campervan in England and France, or The Pub friends I have known whilst
campervanning.
Best of British MikeS :-)