Dover overnight stop

Old June 26th 04, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JOHN KLAGES

Default Dover overnight stop

We are travelling back from France approx midnight and rather than try for a
motorway stop, (last time there was no room) we spoke to Dover port who said
that there is a South Dover carpark with pay and display. We require no
facilities but would be gratefull if anybody else has used this carpark and
what it was like or if anybody has other suggestions.

Old June 26th 04, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
CampinGazz

"JOHN KLAGES" wrote in message
We are travelling back from France approx midnight and rather than try for

motorway stop, (last time there was no room) we spoke to Dover port who

said
that there is a South Dover carpark with pay and display. We require no
facilities but would be gratefull if anybody else has used this carpark

and
what it was like or if anybody has other suggestions.

Use it every time we go abroad via dover.. catch the 04:30 ferry so arrive
at about 11pm, and kip on the car park mentioned untill it's time to board,

The car park is a side of the road affair, but on a sort of back street..
next to the harbour wall, the road runs paralell to the main road out from
the docks.. you'll need to go upto the roundabout to get in with a caravan..
restricted width on the first turn.. it's on the left as your leaving the
docks area (after the big roundabout at the docks entrance)

It's free from something like 8pm to 8am, pay and display during the day, so
be sure to get a ticket if you plan to kip past 8am.

We've never had any problems, the odd sad little scrote at about 2am in
their mummy's clio wheel spinning around the roundabout, then racing up the
road, but they soon get bored and go and find a supermarket car park to meet
up with the rest of their sad friends.