Importing foodstuff into France

Old June 26th 04, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Richards

Default Importing foodstuff into France

are there still restrictions regarding taking food to France, does
anybody check anyway?
--
John Richards M41
Old June 27th 04, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Edwards

"John Richards" wrote in message
are there still restrictions regarding taking food to France, does
anybody check anyway?
--
John Richards M41

There's plenty of food there!
Bob

---

Old June 27th 04, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Richards

There's plenty of food there!
Bob

and I thought it was a wilderness, I was expecting a serious reply but
perhaps that is too much to expect of some people.
--
John Richards M41
Old June 28th 04, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

In message , John Richards
writes
are there still restrictions regarding taking food to France, does
anybody check anyway?
--
John Richards M41

Don't think so now, weren't they down to the foot and mouth outbreak.

No-one's checked us the last two years, or the year of the F&M outbreak
either come to think about it.
--
Bill
Old June 28th 04, 07:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Edwards

Lighten up

---

Old June 28th 04, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
F1LBY

"John Richards" wrote in message
are there still restrictions regarding taking food to France, does
anybody check anyway?
--
John Richards M41

I'm sure P&O Ferries would know this - try ringing their booking line at
Dover.... regardless of whether you plan to use them or not.

Rgds

Phil B

Old June 28th 04, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

are there still restrictions regarding taking food to France, does
anybody check anyway?

Why on earth would you want to take food INTO France?

On the way back, you can take as much cheese, tiger prawns and Yop citron as
you can squeeze in, provided the biere d'Alsace and DIY equipment haven't
exceeded your MAM by then.

Christian.

Old June 28th 04, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Richards

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 07:49:38 +0000 (UTC), "Bob Edwards"
wrote:

Lighten up

ther are so many trolls and halfwits on this group that it is very
difficult to 'lighten up' as you put it. This is the only group I
subscribe to that I have to use my kill file on 5 or 10 times every
time I open it.
--
John Richards M41
Old June 28th 04, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Richards

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:27:15 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Why on earth would you want to take food INTO France?

because I am on a special diet.
--
John Richards M41
Old June 28th 04, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Leyland_Leopard

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...

Why on earth would you want to take food INTO France?

A couple of years ago, we arrived in France on a Sunday, with no foodstuffs
(at the time, we used statics for our holidays). All the supermarkets and
local shops were closed, so we had to eat out (not in our budget!) for lunch
and evening meal, and send elder boy to shop first thing in the morning for
croissants. So if arriving on a Sunday, I would take enough food with us to
tide us over until a Monday morning visit to the hypermarche!