Gas Cannisters

Old June 26th 04, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Vicky

Default Gas Cannisters

Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of second-hand Gaz bottles (size 907
preferably)? They seem to be horrendously expensive to buy new.

I live on the Isle of Wight BTW

Vicky - on a very soggy IOW at the moment!

Old June 26th 04, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bryn Richards

checkout Ebay
But they have to be collected.
I bought an empty cylinder for 10.
Car boot sales?
Bryn

Old June 27th 04, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Edwards

Go to your local Council tip/dump/amenity centre and they will have a
compound with all sorts of gas bottles. Usually the staff are only too glad
for you to take them away.

A kind man from Calor told me this when I emailed them with the same
question!

Bob

---

Old June 27th 04, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ROBIN DUMPLETON

Sometimes there is even gas in the cylinder. Camping Gaz customers return
nearly 20% of the gas they buy.

Robin

Old June 28th 04, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of second-hand Gaz bottles (size
907
preferably)? They seem to be horrendously expensive to buy new.

I think I've got one. It's been sitting outside for a while, but doesn't
look any different to when it was placed there and the valve has a cover
screwed into it.

You can have it for free if you (or a visiting relative) happen to be
passing by (Reading).

Shame I didn't get the message earlier, I just popped over to Osbourne House
on Sunday...

Christian.

Old June 28th 04, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Vicky

I think I've got one. It's been sitting outside for a while, but doesn't
look any different to when it was placed there and the valve has a cover
screwed into it.

You can have it for free if you (or a visiting relative) happen to be
passing by (Reading).

Shame I didn't get the message earlier, I just popped over to Osbourne

House
on Sunday...

Christian.

Thanks Christian - my kindly tip operative has sold me one for the grand
total of a quid. Hope you enjoyed your visit to the Island!

Old July 4th 04, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David klyne

--
"Bob Edwards" wrote in message
Go to your local Council tip/dump/amenity centre and they will have a
compound with all sorts of gas bottles. Usually the staff are only too

glad
for you to take them away.

A kind man from Calor told me this when I emailed them with the same
question!

Bob

Funny, when I went to mine they refused to sell them on Health and Safety
grounds!!!

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

Old July 5th 04, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ROBIN DUMPLETON

It has been known for unidentified cylinders to hold things like phosgene
gas etc. It is also not unknown as a way of getting rid of unwanted
airconfluids. One major gas company even used selling LPG as a way of
getting rid of water ;-

Robin

"David klyne" wrote in message

"Bob Edwards" wrote in message
Go to your local Council tip/dump/amenity centre and they will have a
compound with all sorts of gas bottles. Usually the staff are only too

glad
for you to take them away.

A kind man from Calor told me this when I emailed them with the same
question!

Bob

Funny, when I went to mine they refused to sell them on Health and Safety
grounds!!!

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
Details of our Caravan Travels in the UK and Europe with help and advice

and
site reports