caravanning in Austria

Old June 27th 04, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave

Default caravanning in Austria

HI Has any one experience of caravanning in Austria, I have been to Geneva
in switzerland and that was one hell of a journey i live in the East
Midlands so I have a 5 hr journey before the ferry.

Thanks

Dave Coleman

Old June 27th 04, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Green

"dave" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
HI Has any one experience of caravanning in Austria, I have been to Geneva
in switzerland and that was one hell of a journey i live in the East
Midlands so I have a 5 hr journey before the ferry.

Thanks

Dave Coleman

We are going to Austria this Summer. We live near Manchester and are taking
the ferry from Hull (2 hours away) overnight to Zeebrugge. We are then
driving to the Black Forest for a few nights then on to a site near
Innsbruck. It is still a long way but it is a similar trip to the one we did
3 years ago to Interlaken in Switzerland. Just take your time and allow for
some comfort/rest/food stops. Better to arrive late than never!

If you do go to Austria you will need a Vignette to allow you to drive on
the motorways.

Richard

Old July 5th 04, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David klyne

--
"dave" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
HI Has any one experience of caravanning in Austria, I have been to Geneva
in switzerland and that was one hell of a journey i live in the East
Midlands so I have a 5 hr journey before the ferry.

Thanks

Dave

We have been to Austria twice with the caravan and we really like it there.
It is a fair way but with any journey like that it is best to make the
journey part of the holiday and stay at different places on both journies,
even for a day or two. Innsbruck is about a two long day journey from
Calais. Last time we stayed at Innsbruck (Camping Natterersee) we stopped at
Rudesheim on the way down.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports