water inlet systems, advice please

Old June 27th 04, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
dave lympany

Default water inlet systems, advice please

Hi,

Can anyone advise me as to how many water inlet systems there are, the `van
I have doesn`t have the box on the outside of the `van as it was missing
(just a hole with a home made cover plate!) its a long verticle hole 4" wide
9" high, I think its the type where there is a hose already connected to the
box inside some where? But I believe that this system is now obselete??
Advice please guys!..........I`m a total novice to this caravaning lark,
always had folding campers, where you just stuck a pipe in a water carrier
and switched the pump on with a little lever by the sink...

Dave.

Old June 28th 04, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
SkodaMan

Take a trip to your local dealer and have a look at the range available. The
'Whale' brand is/was the usual fitment and I remember upgrading a 1990 Swift
with a newer Whale fitting that had similar dimensions to the hole on your
'van.

Old June 29th 04, 07:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Arc Systems

"dave lympany" wrote in message
Hi,

Can anyone advise me as to how many water inlet systems there are, the

`van
I have doesn`t have the box on the outside of the `van as it was missing
(just a hole with a home made cover plate!) its a long verticle hole 4"

wide
9" high, I think its the type where there is a hose already connected to

the
box inside some where? But I believe that this system is now obselete??
Advice please guys!..........I`m a total novice to this caravaning lark,
always had folding campers, where you just stuck a pipe in a water carrier
and switched the pump on with a little lever by the sink...

Dave.

Sounds much like it was a Carver Crystal mk1 which was replaced with the

Mk2 in circa 1993. The Mk2 is still available with an adaptor plate to
change from the bigger Mk1. All the parts are now made by Truma and it's
this name you will see on the packaging
Gary