Electrical Stuff in France

Old June 28th 04, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
valleyboy

Default Electrical Stuff in France

Hi

We are off to France in July and want to know if the male connectors we use
to hook to a UK caravan site supply are the same in France. The one we use
here is one of those circular plugs with three round pins and a keyway. If
we need another plug can you tell me what is the specification/type/model
and suggest a supplier.

Any help would be appreciated.

valleyboy

Old June 28th 04, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Edwards

We are off to France in July and want to know if the male connectors we
use
to hook to a UK caravan site supply are the same in France. The one we use
here is one of those circular plugs with three round pins and a keyway. If
we need another plug can you tell me what is the specification/type/model
and suggest a supplier.

Any caravan accessory shop will sell you one. It will have a continental
plug on one end of a short lead and a standard blue socket the other. You
also should take a polarity tester and possibly another continental
plug/British socket wired for reverse polarity just in case. This will
obviously save you a lot of time if you find the site electrics are
reversed.

Bob

---

Old June 28th 04, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel

"valleyboy" wrote in message
Hi

We are off to France in July and want to know if the male connectors we

use
to hook to a UK caravan site supply are the same in France. The one we use
here is one of those circular plugs with three round pins and a keyway. If
we need another plug can you tell me what is the specification/type/model
and suggest a supplier.

Any help would be appreciated.

valleyboy

Some French (Spanish/German/Belgian etc.) campsites use the blue connectors
that we do, some don't - they use the old two pin continental plug (as I
rule of thumb, the older the site the more likely they are to use a two pin
plug).

Just go to any caravan accessory shop and buy an adaptor (around 5.00) then
you'll be covered for any eventuality.

Also, you may want to get a polarity tester and make up a reverse polarity
lead - I'll let someone more technically competent advise why you may need
this!

Nigel.

Old June 29th 04, 02:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
valleyboy

"Bob Edwards" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks a lot for your help.

valleyboy

Old July 4th 04, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David klyne

--
"valleyboy" wrote in message
Hi

We are off to France in July and want to know if the male connectors we

use
to hook to a UK caravan site supply are the same in France. The one we use
here is one of those circular plugs with three round pins and a keyway. If
we need another plug can you tell me what is the specification/type/model
and suggest a supplier.

Any help would be appreciated.

valleyboy

Have a look at my website under help and information, it might be of help
answer your questions.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports