Caravan Club

Old June 28th 04, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Hotspur

Default Caravan Club

After many years in the CC I have let it slide for a month or two due to health problems.When I recover I was wondering whether or not to renew or to try the Caravan and Camping club[The other big one!]
Appreciate any advice as I have run out of all the CC sites within the area I can manage.
The CC was very good but just wondered about the other one.Many Thanks

"Too soon we get old,Too late we get smart!"
Old June 28th 04, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Richards

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:17:19 GMT, (Harry
Hotspur) wrote:

After many years in the CC I have let it slide for a month or two due to health problems.When I recover I was wondering whether or not to renew or to try the Caravan and Camping club[The other big one!]

Good luck with this question, it always opens up a hornets nest. I am
in both clubs but mostly use the CC. Today it proved a godsend because
I will be returning from Le Havre in July at 21:00 hrs and wanted a
cheap pitch for the night instead of having to drive up to Manchester
after being up all day. The CC didn't have anywhere close to
Portsmouth but the C&CC had a couple so booked in with one of them. To
be perfectly honest I almost always use CC sites, mostly CL's but if
you can, I suggest you join both, you never know when you may need one
or the other. The CC has by far the largest number of sites, both Club
and 5 van type. As I said I mostly use CC sites and as far as I have
found there is no snobbery, no regimentation, no stupid wardens or any
of the other things that many people will come on this group and tell
you exists. I have been caravanning for over twenty years and so think
I would have come across these things by now. You will always get
somebody somewhere having a bad day but they will certainly be the
minute exception that proves the rule.
--
John Richards M41
Old June 28th 04, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Richards

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:48:37 +0100, Bill wrote:

In message , John Richards
writes
Hotspur) wrote:
The CC has by far the largest number of sites, both Club
and 5 van type. As I said I mostly use CC sites and as far as I have

Thinking back over the years I can only remember one run in with a
warden. It was quite some years back now, in my long distant past, I
walked into the reception office of a CC club site smoking a cigarette
and the warden asked me to go outside as she didn't like the smell of
cigarettes, now at the time I remember thinking 'What a bloody cheek,
who the hell does she think she is, etc etc'. However when I look back
on the incident she was perfectly right, I wouldn't walk into a
solicitors office or a bank managers office smoking a cigarette so why
did I do it on a caravan site. The moral of this story, if you like,
is that when someone runs up against what they consider a stroppy
warden, perhaps they need to look at there own behaviour before
jumping to conclusions. There are probably just as many people on this
group that can give examples of bad behaviour by fellow vanners as can
tell about bad wardens.
--
John Richards M41
Old June 28th 04, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
andy

In message , Lenny
muttered:
I much prefer the C&CC, none of 'you vill pitch your van exactly vhere
I say' attitude you get on CC sites. More families & better atmosphere
on C&CC sites.

Agreed on all points!
--
Andy
Old June 28th 04, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:31:26 +0100, Lenny
wrote:

I much prefer the C&CC, none of 'you vill pitch your van exactly vhere
I say' attitude you get on CC sites. More families & better atmosphere
on C&CC sites.

I found exactly the opposite, on all the CCC sites I went to I was
told exactly where to pitch my van and precisely where in the pitch to
put it, even down to one warden moving the hitch of my van across 6"
because he thought it out of line. In all the years I've been using
the CC I have always been able to drive round the site select where I
wwant to pitch and put it on the pitch as I want it. I also prefer
the friendliness and helpfulness of the people I have met on CC sites.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old June 29th 04, 12:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Milnes

Harry, I would advise you to rejoin and start into the CLs. Many of them have
electric hook-ups, those that have are displayed in a list in the handbook. I
don't know whereabouts you live but have you tried your local section? If they
are anything like my local section you will have a host of new friends and loads
of local sites (usually not CC main sites) to try and to enjoy. My section is in
South Wales.

Lenny when did you go to a CC site to meet this alleged attitude? I have never
yet (in 20 odd years of Caravan Club membership) met this attitude. I have
always been able to park my 'van as I wish to arrange it. I certainly have no
problems with CC sites despite both my wife and myself being registered
disabled. I have always been treated with courtesy and politeness and very
friendly helpfulness.

Cheers, Peter.

"andy" wrote in message
: In message , Lenny
: muttered:
: I much prefer the C&CC, none of 'you vill pitch your van exactly vhere
: I say' attitude you get on CC sites. More families & better atmosphere
: on C&CC sites.
:
: Agreed on all points!
: --
: Andy

Old June 29th 04, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

"John Richards" wrote in message

The moral of this story, if you like,
is that when someone runs up against what they consider a stroppy
warden, perhaps they need to look at there own behaviour before
jumping to conclusions. There are probably just as many people on this
group that can give examples of bad behaviour by fellow vanners as can
tell about bad wardens.
--
John Richards M41

I think that sums it up totally